Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

2000 Passenger Power Window

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:36 PM
C R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Wink 2000 Passenger Power Window

Hello All! I have been scouring every power window issue here and elsewhere and still have not found the info I need as of yet. My front passenger window was working fine and out of nowhere now does not. There were no sounds whatsoever leading up to its demise and no sounds now. When I depress the driver's side window button for that window the only thing that happens is the the little green indicator light on the front passenger window switch goes out until I release. I installed a brand new driver's side master switch as well as the passenger side, still nothing. How do I determine if it is the motor/regulator or the wiring? And if the wiring is suspect which side should house the suspect wires? As I mentioned the passenger side switch's two green indicator lights are on so some power is apparently getting there. I read that if there is any problem on the driver's side causing the passenger window failure that the passenger window switch would be inoperable as well. Please help!

And BTW what is it about these XJ's that are so darn addictive? I have only owned one vehicle prior ('99 Ford F350 Crew XLT with full bed and the International 7.3 Diesel motor) that brought me the joy this Cherokee brings me, even when just looking at it