Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

1999 cheroke 2 door no start input needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Angry 1999 cheroke 2 door no start input needed

Hello every one this is kind of a long story so here it goes. I purchased my 3rd Cherokee the other day its a 1999 2 door gold 5 speed 8.25 with 302000. It had a hard time running had code p0108 map sensor voltage high. The old owner replaced the map sensor and the code didn't go away at this point it ran decent started right up but after a few minutes the idle would dip down very low and it would either want to die or die. So while driving it home I noticed that it would not rev past 3500 rpms and it would almost have a rev limiter effect. I have access to a mac tool scout scanner so I can see the values of all the sensors my map sensor was at 5 volts all of the time (running or not running ). When I back probed the center pin all of my readings where what they were suppose to be. So I did some testing and found out the my signal wire back to the ecm (green with red tracer) had no continuity from the middle pin to the 27 pin on the ecm . I could not find the break in the wire so I made a jumper wire. after that I plug my scanner in and now the values are 4.8 and vary while cranking. So I went to start it and it would not start only crank. With my scanner plugged in when I go to crank it looses signal to the jeep and says there a communication error. If I turn the key off and back on again it goes away but still wont start. Hopefully you guys can help me out im at a loss im a die hard Cherokee fan and I want to keep this one going thanks in advance.