Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

1989 Jeep Cherokee 4 channel install

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default 1989 Jeep Cherokee 4 channel install

hi, I have a 1989 XJ and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the install. I have had a lot of experience with car audio so i'm not stupid in this area. I have run power, ground, RCAs and remote wires to my four channel amp. now the amp has two sets of RCA inputs, one for channels A and B and the other for C and D, the amp also has a High Input. Now i when i connect the RCA, only bass is played through the speakers. help
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0
Default ideas...

if you have a newer model receiver/deck scroll through your audio options to check to make sure that if it has a built in crossover the low pass filter isn't selected for the specific channel pushing your speakers. if that's not the issue double check that your not using the sub out if it is so equipped. the only thing left after those two options is the amps built in crossover - same thing with the low pass filter on that. i'm out of ideas so if that doesn't work some one else might chime in
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

Originally Posted by muddpigg
if you have a newer model receiver/deck scroll through your audio options to check to make sure that if it has a built in crossover the low pass filter isn't selected for the specific channel pushing your speakers. if that's not the issue double check that your not using the sub out if it is so equipped. the only thing left after those two options is the amps built in crossover - same thing with the low pass filter on that. i'm out of ideas so if that doesn't work some one else might chime in
X2, definately a crossover. Should not be set on low pass, should be set on full range.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: straight 6

you guys are correct but its not the option on the deck its a switch on the amp that says LP (low pass) Full or Off and then a HP (high pass) usally this is set to LP which would make it so only bass is playing you want it on full or off which ever it is on your amp