Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

$17.95 oil change and more!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default $17.95 oil change and more!

Hey guys,

I was perusing the Jeep website and came across THIS!

https://wsprod.bbdodetroit.com/olp/i...jsp&brand=Jeep

type in your zip code and you'll select a dealer. You then get a coupon for "3 great services for 1 low price"

Oil and Filter Change (covers labor)
Tire rotation (eh - whatever)
23-point vehicle checkup (they can tell you what's wrong and where it's leaking and what to replace to take guesswork out)

So it sounds like a pretty good deal to me even just for the oil change...

read the fine print about synthetic oil being extra for those running synthetics.

valid to August 30, 2009
Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

that 23 point thing is a joke i work at a dealer and the techs just check every thing good and guess on your brakes, i had a guy fill that sheet out saying all tires are good at 30psi
Old 06-08-2009, 06:39 PM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 I6

i figured as much, but I thought more about the leaks and stuff that they could tell me if I needed a gasket here or there or maybe the drain plug just needed a new seal/gasket...stuff like that.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
CF Veteran

its still a good price on a dealer oil change
Old 06-08-2009, 07:19 PM

A jeep has alot of things to grease and is just as important I will keep spending $33 for my full service.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1996

Originally Posted by REWSTER
that 23 point thing is a joke i work at a dealer and the techs just check every thing good and guess on your brakes, i had a guy fill that sheet out saying all tires are good at 30psi
Sounds like you just threw your self under the bus, at this point you should probably post your dealer name also, so people know where you work and the kind of service you are providing them sounds like you work with a few techs that have a poor attitude.

Just about every vehicle I get in the shop gets a 23+ point inspection,if my customer ask for it or not.*** I do it for free***. If I see something that needs attention it gets noted, parts are priced, and it is offered to the customer, and it is up the them if they want it fixed. If you are in the "service" business, selling parts and making your customers happy keeps the lights on.

Last edited by BLKXJ 96; 06-08-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:48 PM
jag

Year: 96
Engine: 6cyl

Originally Posted by REWSTER

I thought dealer techs get extra money for a sale? It would make sense to do the check, no?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 01
Engine: 4.0L I6

i never take my jeep to the dealer for anything. i just do the advance oil change special when they run it, 5 qts and a filter for like 15.99
Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997 XJ
Engine: 4.0 HO JASPER MOTOR

Take my jeep to the dealership for an oil change?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Year: 1990

Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96
Sounds like you just threw your self under the bus, at this point you should probably post your dealer name also, so people know where you work and the kind of service you are providing them sounds like you work with a few techs that have a poor attitude.

Just about every vehicle I get in the shop gets a 23+ point inspection,if my customer ask for it or not.*** I do it for free***. If I see something that needs attention it gets noted, parts are priced, and it is offered to the customer, and it is up the them if they want it fixed. If you are in the "service" business, selling parts and making your customers happy keeps the lights on.
ditto. When I pull a vehicle into my shop I do a complete 22_ point inspection. Even if its as simple as a flat repair and even if it only has 10,000 miles on the clock. I found a brand new car with 6k that needed a lower balljoint the otherday.

We do oil changes, and rotates, with inspection for 19.99 OUT THE DOOR all dya long.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96

I need you to transfer to my jeep dealership down the road. They need tech guys like you Mine simply SUCK and try to fool people into buying stuff they don't need.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1996

Originally Posted by muddeprived
I need you to transfer to my jeep dealership down the road. They need tech guys like you Mine simply SUCK and try to fool people into buying stuff they don't need.

The only way I transfer is West not East, sorry You can sell a lot of people stuff they don't need, but pretty soon you shoot your self in the foot and people will catch on and then buy nothing from you. I put saftey issues first on the list, and maintainance last. Sometimes I just tell them to keep and eye on things and come in if it gets worse. Im not affraid to take 5 minutes and talk with a customer so they understand.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L

I bought tires at Big O and get 4 free oil changes upto 5 quarts. last time they gave me all 6 quarts and greased all my joints for free it was sweet.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:38 PM
CF Veteran

the problem with the dealer i work for is they have hired some dumbasses to keep the cost down, they pulled a kid off the wash bay who never touched a car before washing them there and put him on the oil rack, he didnt care about his job one bit thats who put the 30psi is good on the papers and i watched him just check every thing good on them sheets, we have had people come in saying that they needed brakes 2 weeks after being told they had 80% left cause of that kid, they just got rid of him 2 weeks ago and the shop is still eating some of his proablems, we have a couple D-bags who think cause they only get 15 or 20 min pay for a oil change then they shouldnt do every thing, and i guarentee damn near every dealer is the same some people check and some people dont that is why i would rather check my cars out my self

ps: i have sold more air filters in the last 2 weeks with the new oil guy then the 10-12 months the old oil kid worked more cash in bosses hand, my bonus, and the cust. gets better gas milage more cash for them also i cant figure out why the old kid didnt check them

i was just tring to let the OP know that they there not going to go over his truck with a fine tooth comb, more or less just looking at it breifly

Last edited by REWSTER; 06-08-2009 at 10:53 PM.