CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

What about a modified ask the question thread?

Old 01-20-2017, 02:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default What about a modified ask the question thread?

I know we have the lift/tire setup thread and the exhaust/muffler thread in the modified tech area, and I know we have the "ask the question thread" in OEM area. But at least I have questions that don't quite apply to any of those areas they either aren't OE questions or questions about lift/tires/mufflers/exhaust? Like lockers or aftermarket lighting (which I suppose could go in aftermarket electrical) or steering etc.
Title it "Modified ask the question" or along those lines and stickey it like the others.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Start another thread where most questions get sucked into the abyss of never getting answered..... Idk, I'm not behind it. But I do see where it could be useful too
Old 01-20-2017, 04:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

If you mean never being answered, my rule of thumb is ask three times (quoting yourself if need be) then start a new thread if you don't get answered.
OR
If you mean a general collection of unorganized random and repetitive questions that is utterly impossible to sift through while searching, well with as many threads there are on topics the site kind of is already that way.

Either way I completely understand what you mean by that. Still it helps to have multiple people seeing the question that might be overlooked because of a title of the thread or it being placed in the wrong section.
Like if the thread titled "ok ok renix" was placed in the Cherokee chat section instead of the OEM section like it is, if I didn't know anything about the Renix I would complete overlook this thread and it would have been out of site and out of mind.