CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Can't reply to comments

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 06:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1994 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Can't reply to comments

Hello. Starting about 2 weeks ago I have been unable to respond to posts or private messages while online. (I need to do it on my phone like now) When I go to reply and click the quote tab or just plain reply there is no white area to type in just a light grayish area as if the text format tab has expanded and is filling the entire message area. Even when reading a pot the "quick reply" area below the post is not white or type able but is that light grayish color. Here is a screen shot of what I see when I attempt to reply.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:55 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

So, this is happening on your PC?
Old 01-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Try a different browser. I have three browsers installed on my machines and usually find switching to a different browser solves these types of issues.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

yeah from the buttons there it looks like internet explorer, and a pretty old version at that, so do yourself a favor and download firefox or chrome, they're overall better browsers.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/products/

https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...top/index.html
Old 02-04-2017, 08:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1994 1993
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Cane
yeah from the buttons there it looks like internet explorer, and a pretty old version at that,.....
First off thanks for all the input. Yes my version of IE is very old but my computer and operating system are so old I can not upgrade to a newer version. I am running a 15 year old Vietnamese bootleg version of Windows XP.

Anyway I found somehow the typing area in the reply boxes had been pulled down to the smallest size. There are little arrows next to the "Editor Mode" thing which say increase and decrease size. Once I clicked on the editor thing a small white box and gray thing appeared in the lower left corner of the screen and by clicking and dragging on that with my pointer I was able to drag the reply box back out to it's normal size.