CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Sub-topic within a sub-forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 242 I6
Default Sub-topic within a sub-forum

...or however to title it!

I apologize in advance for any confusion as I'm writing this out on the CF App.

Well it's been maybe 10 yrs since my forum and website building days and not sure what the limitations may be these days. Especially with the different softwares... phpbb, vBulletin, etc.
I would like to see a bit more organization within the CF. I kind of feel like I'm definitely not in the position to say something in regards of this, but thought I would suggest a possible idea.

I know some can relate to seeing a new topic posted more than once, especially if it was talked about just last week or the week prior. Oh, if only the OP just looked at the next page! Or even seeing the one person post, "this has already been answered, try searching for it!"...which really isn't "helpful" to the OP, but definitely gets the point across to maybe doing some homework. Trust me, I walk on eggshells when I submit a new topic. I know how crappy it is trying to search for something in the forums and not finding exactly what you need after clicking through a dozen search results!

What I'm trying to say is maybe break things down into "MAJOR" categories. That way it does stay within lines to a degree.
For instance (excuse me as I don't have certain symbols as I would on my CPU)

CF Forum->Technical Discussion->Advanced Cherokee Tech->major categories such as...
Lifts(anything involving a lift whether it's suspension or body...hell maybe toss tires on this category since people are always asking what size tires for what size lift)
Armor(bumpers, roof racks, rock sliders, panel guards, skids)
Electrical(CB, aftermarket stereo/speakers/amps, lights)
Under carriage(axles, gearing, driveshafts)
OBA/Winches
Misc.(whatever else)

Something like that. Like I mentioned, at least broken down into major categories.

Hope this makes sense. It probably wouldn't be possible, but worth a shot in asking if is! Like I said, I haven't built a site or forum in some years so I'm not too certain what the limitations are these day.

V/r,
awsgrayrd.