CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Fabrication subforum

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Fabrication subforum

considering there seems to be such a problem with people reading simple rules. maybe it would be possible to get a subforum for the fabrication section for fabrication related questions. maybe this will thin out the "do you have bumper measurements" or "what kind of welder should i get" questions.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Thats actually not a bad idea, maybe a Fab chat and Fab builds kind of thing. There seems to be a need for a place for people to discuss future plans.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

X2 on that idea!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:47 AM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche

i've come to the conclusion that people just dont read the rules anymore. so anything you do, it probably wont change anything.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 88
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by 89eliminator
i've come to the conclusion that people just dont read the rules anymore. so anything you do, it probably wont change anything.
X2
Old 11-13-2010, 11:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

^ This

Adding subforums isnt the fix to get people to post in proper locations.. just gives another area to moderate for the volunteers who try to keep this place inline for y'all.

However, that doesnt mean a subforum is a bad idea in itself if warranted.

The MODS have been discussing the fab section looking for a viable solution, i'm sure they'll implement something that they feel confident in when the time comes.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:33 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

The problem with splitting an area like that is it creates 1 more area for us to moderate. I could have 5 tech areas and people would still post non tech in them or post the wrong tech in the wrong area. Sub forums does not fix the fact that members do not read the rules and will post in the wrong areas no matter what. The fab area was setup so folks could discuss all things fab whether it be to ask a question, show off their work, offer tips and so on. So if someone asks a fab related question in the fab area they are posting in the proper area. If the fab area ever gets big enough to split it up we will but right now it just isn't big enough. Also sub forums and more forums just clutters the site.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Old Skewl CF like a Sir

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L High Output OBDII

Theres rules? WTH?

On a serious note, The same thing with having a minimum time in the for sale section, do that for the tech/fab section. They can view all they want, but if they want an answer, force them to use the evil search button, conveniently placed in the upper right hand corner.

And I dig the fab split, but yeah, could see how that'd just divide the workload yet again.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Engine: 98 4.0 swap

well Mayhem and I were kinda touchin on some kind of test for new users. I was thinkin maybe a general rules test before their accounts get fully activate so they have to read rules and take test on them before being able to post on threads. I know that would cause more work for you mod guys but I think it would help since they are forced to learn rules. But final decision is up to mods cause they the ones who gotta do it.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996

its like anything its a good idea but no one follows the rules. I'm on the staff of another site and we have big flashing banners with the rules for our for sale area and a good 25% of the people don't follow them so you wont fix anything.

Though for the another area to mod argument just use new posts and it only takes a few secs to move a thread on VB
Old 12-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Engine: 98 4.0 swap

Originally Posted by Irongrave
its like anything its a good idea but no one follows the rules. I'm on the staff of another site and we have big flashing banners with the rules for our for sale area and a good 25% of the people don't follow them so you wont fix anything.

Though for the another area to mod argument just use new posts and it only takes a few secs to move a thread on VB
Yeah I fully agree that that happens most of the time. I try to help in keeping everything organized but all i can do is let person who started post know hey next time post this stuff here. and then report and give my reason cause i'm not a mod. you know poster says "oh, well thanx for lettin me know cause i didn't" and usually it gets moved.