Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

My past 2 weekends (With Photos)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Default My past 2 weekends (With Photos)

Although I had only a small amount of rust (floor panels and such) there was a bead of bubbling paint on the passenger's side door. To keep the rust from getting out of control I did the Herculiner on the rockers trick. Check out the photos.

As you can see, I also herc'd the bumpers and...

I left the fender flares off for now and actually like it a lot. I herc'd some screws so that I can fill the holes, but honestly, with the textured herc you can't really notice the holes that easily. If I decide to keep the fender flares off for god, I'll use some of the left over herc to seal the screwsover the holes and that will be that.

With the herc done, I took the maiden voyage to the nearby mountain lake (the ice just melted off and the big cut throats were pounding our line). The Yakima roof rack worked like a charm.

And today, I took the old Heep up the local road with tons of trails. Unfortunately, the runn off sreams are still really really high from the snow melt so I wasn't able to take my vertically challenged XJ across them. Nonetheless, the trails and views were great.

But don't go off the edge...

And for any of you who think that Wyoming is just a dust wasteland, you've been educated. This is no more than 10 minute from my house. I'm just a few hours from the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.

I'll be back up tomorrow.
s
Old 05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wyoming is one of the few states I have not been to yet. It is definately on my list of places to visit and explore. With the scenery in your pics, I will be looking you up when I get the chance to get out there so you can show me that trail.

Good job on the Herculiner.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Registered Users

Engine: 4.0l

OMG!!!!! Thats is an amazing place!!! a lot prettier than maine!!! haha. hows the snowmobiling out there?? Is there any work for welders? lol haha
Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by winston427
Wyoming is one of the few states I have not been to yet. It is definately on my list of places to visit and explore. With the scenery in your pics, I will be looking you up when I get the chance to get out there so you can show me that trail.

Good job on the Herculiner.
When you head out, stay North. Look me up for sure! People often associate Wyoming with the Southern end (the I-80 route). That is desolate and a waste. Up here though, you have the Big Horn mountains with worldclass fishing and hunting. There is so much more land than people around here so you're never overwhelmed with people...unless you're fishing and hunting on the easily accessible public lands during tourist season.

s
Old 06-01-2009, 08:46 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by kilbrethj
OMG!!!!! Thats is an amazing place!!! a lot prettier than maine!!! haha. hows the snowmobiling out there?? Is there any work for welders? lol haha
Yeah man it is sweet out here. Like I said before, I couldn't get to the fun stuff since the stream was too deep from the snow melt runoff. It has motivated me to get my lift though. The snowmobiling is just as great. In fact, the pictures you see came from a route that is dedicated snowmobiling country for the winter months. Snowmobiles were still on this mountain in early to mid May even. As far as welding gigs go, I know you're not serious, but I'm pretty sure there are many...with all of the coal mining and such. XJrev10 just moved out from this area and he was doing a welding gig, so if you happen to get serious about it check with him.

s
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Engine: inline 6 4.0L

I wanna see pics of the fish!!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by mycherokee1989
I wanna see pics of the fish!!
I brought back 6 bows all about 20" or so. You get a pretty good range in size and species of trout from 4 types of cut, brown, bow, & brooke. in lakes and ponds you get some decent sunfish, walleye, bass of course, and all the rest. This is a pretty good place to fish. You're not going to get the Steelies here, but I did my time in Oregon.

s
Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 AM

Man I miss Wyoming, thanks... LOL. I grew up in Casper, Rawlings and Thermopolis.. Awesome, Texas IS a desert wasteland (well, at least most of it).
Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Did a trip out to Wyoming and Montana a few years ago. Where in WY are you?

My bud bought 30 acres just outside Medicine Bow a few years ago, not far from the Miracle Mile.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 PM
CF Veteran

Medicine bow is about 4 hours due South of me. I'm up in Sheridan...20 miles or so from the Montana Border on I-90.

Wyoming sure is a great place for outdoor sports. I've filled my 4 doe tags, my general doe tag, limited out pheasant hunting numerous times, have a Turkey to take for Thanksgiving, and plan to harvest 1-2 antelope. I could take 7 antelope but I don't think he family can eat all that meat in one year.

s