Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Here are some of my TJ

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V8 5.2L
Default Here are some of my TJ

Sorry not many of my ZJ yet.

Here is sublime point I am leading a local hummer club out to sublime point near the grand canyon.

Another with me at Mormon wells pass in the middle of the group of hummers from the local hummer club. we are waiting for the rest to catch up.

In the H2 playing in Mud you can see my jeep waiting to recover. This was at area 51 dunes.

Two pic of me at wheelers pass. I have tons more from various trails in Nevada, Southern UT, Death Valley, NM, CO.

I will get more from my ZJ and post those as soon as I get out playing with her again.
Attached Thumbnails Here are some of my TJ-mytjsublime-point.jpg  
Attached Images     
Old 02-15-2009, 11:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO

sweet pics. wow i want more of all those other places you were talking about haha.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

nice pics, thats awesome that you lead a hummer club in your jeep
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM

Default Will send more when i get home

Thank you, I will send more pics this afternoon after I get out of work.

Yes, the best part of the Grand Canyon trip was leading the hummers out to the point. The only Jeep out of the 15 or so hummers. The group of hummers are a great bunch of people and are open to all types of vehicles to go on runs with them. So they invite me along and I go.

Another great one was when we went to death valley we came accross some atvers and I was the midway guy in the group to relay messages from the trail boss to the Tail gunner. The atvs gave way and were waving but the best was when they saw my littel TJ they got all excited seeing 20 Hummers and 1 lone Jeep mix.

I also converted one of the daughters to Jeeps she wants one real bad and rides in the jeep with me when we go out on the runs. Their daughter is learning to drive and I let her drive the Jeep accross the mojave trail. That truly convicend her she wants a Jeep.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:32 PM

Default Delamar Widow maker mines trip

Here are some pics from My first trip to the Window maker mines with a group of friends. We go every year to camp out. The trek is easy depending on which way you go in and weather you want to be in 4wheel drive or not. Some clearance is best if going in the back way into the old town.

The first pic is of me facing down hill coming from a mine on the top of a hill. The individuals at the bottom are waiting because I took 8 up to the trail head in my littel TJ. Due to the clearance and the steepness of the hill I made those without a seat belt get off the jeep and drove the rest up. The rocks are bigger then they appear and steeper then the pic does justice.

The second is us at the dry lake bed investigating petroglyphs. you can see the lake bed from the first pic.

The rest are us in town and where we setup camp for the night.

This is two hours north of las vegas. This was once one of the largest thriving towns in Nevada. The twon died three times. Suggest never entering the mines without breathers and good flashlights and a back up light. These mines have old dynamite, rattle snakes and various pit levels. The Air is toxic from the Sianide. Which is why it was called widow maker mines.
Attached Images      
Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Default More pics from delamar with Dakota

In this trip I went with the Dakota.
The first pic is us lined up we are waiting for those who brought their ATV to unload and we are airing down.

The next is showing the truck clean before we take off. Yes there is a flasher on top for those to follow me when we hit the second trail also helps see us in Dust. I have a LED flasher installed in each vehicle as well. The Black H2 is a Marshall and he also uses flashers. I lead the 4x2 vehicles on the by pass trails while those who have 4x4 and clearance go the back way into the Town. must also have good tires or the sharp rocks will shred your tires.

This is after we setup camp. This was My wifes and I sleeping area along with our dog.

The Pic where the back of the truck is what they look like when finished and done the trip. Stopped to air up and clean the plates before hitting the road home.

The following pick is when I got going fast as I am used to and jumping one to many hills with ****ty tires.
Attached Thumbnails Here are some of my TJ-alamordlineup2.jpg  
Attached Images     
Old 02-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Default North Rim Grand Canyon

THis is our trip I take with my wife and a few friends and my dog every year around August. It is a great drive and a great get a way.

The first pic is the 22 mile drive to Sublime Point. Easy ride but there are some areas need to pay attention. Trails are tight and go from Medows then into woods then into mountain trails ending at Sublime point. In this trip I took the a Durango and lead several vehicles up.

THe next pic is back at the camp ground

The following is a pic of the grand canyon at sublime point.

The next is some of the locals hanging out along the trail. You will also see Turkey and other such locals.

The last is showing some locals hanging out on the camp grounds next to our site.
Attached Images      
Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 PM

Default Trip to keyhole canyon and Geo Caching

This was a day even showing a friend family from MI and WI that there is more to vegas. We went on a simple 4 wheel trek I took the dodge on this since I was reapiring the jeep from a broken front CV and Axle shaft. Funny thing to this my Friend had to use his GF 4runner because his Toy was down due to ripping the rear axle off on a run down a rocky hill with a amature spotter.
Attached Images     
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM

Default Trip To Anaversary mines

Simple trek near lake mead hidden back by the overland narrows there is an old mining site on a state route still marked but not used much.

The first pic is when I lead a group of ATV and dirt bikers out to a dry wash and then investigate new trails leaving the truck at the split off.

The next are when I drove out to the mines and brought back some of my hiking crew slowly back. I had one in my passenger seat then I had two in the back area since I took the seat out. I had three on the rock rails. I suggest if ever doing this always drive slow and boring.

The next is us driving through the flood tunnels under the main paved road. This is an alternative rout if the main hill is washed out or broken away. Plus it is always fun going through a tight cave with a vehicle.
Attached Images      
Old 02-17-2009, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L I6

great pics!