Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Have any of you guys heard about this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L 6cyl
Default Have any of you guys heard about this?

I Find this a little ridiculous And personally think it sucks, especially since its got such a heritage to it.
http://espn.go.com/action/surfing/bl...g-restrictions
Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Watch the video in the comments on the page, the former president of the organization asks "have they forgotten what recreation means?"
Old 02-17-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L HO

Everyone needs to look hard at your political leaning and involvement.

The environmentalism movement is and has been a tool of the left to further their all-encompassing governement ideals. The "green" movement of today was the "red" movement 50 years ago.

There are few folks out there that would not advocate for being good stewards of the environment. "Environmentalists" purposefully pose the issue as black or white, you're either with the movement or you're for dirty water, dirty lands, poisoning kids, etc (Sound familiar?)

The more government grows, the more involved it will become in everyone's business, and the more this will happen everywhere. It's been going on for years, but growing rapidly the last 10 years or so.

Land closures not only affect off-roaders, as this article points out. The government could care less about yours or my recreation. Choosing your mode of recreation requires freedom to choose anything, and that is the enemy of government, freedom.

Elections have consequences.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by b. lee
Everyone needs to look hard at your political leaning and involvement.

The environmentalism movement is and has been a tool of the left to further their all-encompassing governement ideals. The "green" movement of today was the "red" movement 50 years ago.

There are few folks out there that would not advocate for being good stewards of the environment. "Environmentalists" purposefully pose the issue as black or white, you're either with the movement or you're for dirty water, dirty lands, poisoning kids, etc (Sound familiar?)

The more government grows, the more involved it will become in everyone's business, and the more this will happen everywhere. It's been going on for years, but growing rapidly the last 10 years or so.

Land closures not only affect off-roaders, as this article points out. The government could care less about yours or my recreation. Choosing your mode of recreation requires freedom to choose anything, and that is the enemy of government, freedom.

Elections have consequences.
Yeah their way to involved. I remember taking a few trips down to the outer banks when i was 9 and 10 and I would go surfing out there and no one bothered anyone and there were never any problems. But now they just cause more problems by trying to control everything.