Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

WTB[SouthEast]: Front Dana 44

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Front Dana 44

Found rear Dana 60 for my 1995 XJ looking for a Dana 44 to replace the Dana 30 front axle. 4.10 gears preferable but will work with what ever I can get.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:03 AM
CF Veteran

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I see that this is your 1st post. Welcome to CF.

There is not a factory bolt in 44 for a XJ. You need to mod them to work. Not that many out that are for sale.

BTW, there is more to a re-gear than just slapping a new gear set in a axle housing. Not sure how knowledgeable you are when it comes to automotive repairs.

Good luck.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Big David
I see that this is your 1st post. Welcome to CF.

There is not a factory bolt in 44 for a XJ. You need to mod them to work. Not that many out that are for sale.

BTW, there is more to a re-gear than just slapping a new gear set in a axle housing. Not sure how knowledgeable you are when it comes to automotive repairs.

Good luck.
Thank your for the Welcome!

I know that regearing requires a lot of work and setup to get everything setup right. I have never done it but want to learn and doing is the only way that it will happen. Looking into Dana 44's for a XJ anything I buy is going to require modifications however a TJ will get me closer to the correct width and require the least amount of modifications.

I figured it was a long shot but you never know what is out there.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by CPLMayo
Thank your for the Welcome!

I know that regearing requires a lot of work and setup to get everything setup right. I have never done it but want to learn and doing is the only way that it will happen. Looking into Dana 44's for a XJ anything I buy is going to require modifications however a TJ will get me closer to the correct width and require the least amount of modifications.

I figured it was a long shot but you never know what is out there.
a tj rubi 44 isnt a real 44 its a 44 center section with 30 outers which is the crap part...not trying to be rude but you seem very unknowledgeable so i would sit down on your pc and search search search before the wanted ads go up make sure you know what your doing swapping in axles takes more than just buying an axle and putting some brackets on...everything needs to have clearance, you need gears, lockers, steering, brakes, rims depending on bolt patterns...if your worried about width stay stock because making big axles that short is super $$$$ for custom shafts and re-tubing

Last edited by mcguyver_xj; 02-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.