Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

TrailTuffNets - XJ Cargo Nets - website launch

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default TrailTuffNets - XJ Cargo Nets - website launch

TrailTuff Nets
We would like to introduce our new website for our XJ cargo nets: www.trailtuffnets.com We offer tough and attractive cargo nets designed specifically for the XJ.
● They’re made of heavy duty polypropylene and nylon webbing bound together with nickel plated steel rivets.
● Corners are nickel plated steel rings
● They can be installed with only a torx wrench and a 15 mm socket, and can be quickly folded out of the way with no tools.
● The nets’ square lines match the XJ’s boxy body style.
● Made in the U.S.A.
$65.99 + $7.00 shipped in the U.S.

Name:  bestIMG_2072.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  111.7 KB
Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Bout time someone started offering items such as this for our XJ's.... Not all of us run Wronglers!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the support. We hope to be offering some more XJ related net products soon.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 89
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by wolverine 00 xj
TrailTuff Nets
We would like to introduce our new website for our XJ cargo nets: www.trailtuffnets.com We offer tough and attractive cargo nets designed specifically for the XJ.
● They’re made of heavy duty polypropylene and nylon webbing bound together with nickel plated steel rivets.
● Corners are nickel plated steel rings
● They can be installed with only a torx wrench and a 15 mm socket, and can be quickly folded out of the way with no tools.
● The nets’ square lines match the XJ’s boxy body style.
● Made in the U.S.A.
$65.99 + $7.00 shipped in the U.S.

It looks like the mounting system is tied into the rear factory shoulder belt mounts. If so, will you guys be coming up with a way to mount these in XJs without the rear shoulder belt?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM

We would like to keep things where there is no drilling required, but have not yet come up with a way to do that on the XJ's without rear shoulder belts. Still working on it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Member

We would like to keep things where there is no drilling required, but have not yet come up with a way to do that on the XJ's without rear shoulder belts. Still working on it.
I'd be interested in one if you figure out a mounting option.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

thats sweet!
def. a nice option to keep things from bouncing up to the front during wheeling.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaXJer
It looks like the mounting system is tied into the rear factory shoulder belt mounts. If so, will you guys be coming up with a way to mount these in XJs without the rear shoulder belt?

Even if your XJ is not equipped with the rear shoulder belts, the mounting points are still there. It would only require minor modifications to the plastic trim to access the mounts. I might just have to get one of these do the install without rear shoulder belts for a write up.

Last edited by winston427; 07-09-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by winston427
Even if your XJ is not equipped with the rear shoulder belts, the mounting points are still there. It would only require minor modifications to the plastic trim to access the mounts. I might just have to get one of these do the install without rear shoulder belts for a write up.
The mounting points for rear shoulder belts seems to be hit or miss in the 89 model years. I've seen 2 without and 1 with. I just haven't bothered to take my trim pieces off yet to see if my rig has the mounting points or not.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaXJer
The mounting points for rear shoulder belts seems to be hit or miss in the 89 model years. I've seen 2 without and 1 with. I just haven't bothered to take my trim pieces off yet to see if my rig has the mounting points or not.

See, now you made me walk outside and look at my 89 since all of the rear trim has been removed. Wouldn't you know it, no mounts for the rear shoulder belts. All the mounting locations are there, just no hardware. Chrysler had a habit of using one design for all applications to reduce the need for stocking multiple parts during assembly. Same concept they used for one wiring harness with connections for all power accessories no matter what the vehicle was equipped with. I'm sure a quick trip to the local junkyard will yield all the needed parts. So now I will have to order one and do the install to see what it will take to make it work with both junkyard parts and with homebrew fabrication. Then I can put it in my 91 since that is my wheeling rig anyway and it has rear shoulder belts.

Last edited by winston427; 07-10-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by winston427
See, now you made me walk outside and look at my 89 since all of the rear trim has been removed. Wouldn't you know it, no mounts for the rear shoulder belts. All the mounting locations are there, just no hardware. Chrysler had a habit of using one design for all applications to reduce the need for stocking multiple parts during assembly. Same concept they used for one wiring harness with connections for all power accessories no matter what the vehicle was equipped with. I'm sure a quick trip to the local junkyard will yield all the needed parts. So now I will have to order one and do the install to see what it will take to make it work with both junkyard parts and with homebrew fabrication. Then I can put it in my 91 since that is my wheeling rig anyway and it has rear shoulder belts.
I have all the hardware to retrofit rear shoulder belts in my 89, I just haven't gotten around to doing it. If you do get one of these nets installed in your 89, post up and let us know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 PM

If anyone does fit the net on an XJ without the shoulder belt mounting bolt, please post a writeup. Just got back from wheeling in Moab, and the net did a great job keeping stuff in the cargo area while coming down those steep ledges!