Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

Shackle Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Arrow Shackle Relocation Brackets

Below is a link to a video of our kit being installed, the marketing team decided to have a lil fun with it so its a lil goofy haha. Please watch the video and give me some feedback. Also I am looking for someone to do a right up on a set so I will be giving a kit out free of charge. If you are interested Please post up a pic of your jeep the way it sits now and a brief comment on why you would like to have it, I will be sending a set out Friday so dont waste to much time to get in on the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vtH9...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-09-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8 V6

Looks real good man, might be my next investment after i get my tires
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Look at my shackle angle and you can see why I need these and I have a good camera and my wife is quite handy with it so I could do a good write up for ya. I'd also like to get rid of the rear 1" block. BTW I have done a little more cutting to clear the tires in the rear since this pic. Oh and I have RCX drop brackets up front so they would match. Thanks Marc.
Attached Thumbnails Shackle Relocation Brackets-jeep_38s.jpg  

Last edited by xjmarc; 05-09-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Good little movie and write up.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Im a little surprised at the lack of responses. Oh well I guess it makes it that much easier to pick a winner haha
Old 05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 HO I6

I'll be responding as soon as I get home to take a picture of my current shackle set-up. It's as straight as Sean Penn is crazy
Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

Here is my shackle and angle at ride height using RC springs.

Plus I could put it through its Paces:

Plus I already run RC coils RC leaf springs, RC Shocks, I did run RC X-Flex short arms, Soon to be RC XJ Long arms(which on the big brown truck out of delivery now!) So I think it would be a great addition to the RC family of suspension parts on my jeep

and I can do some cool photography as well to showcase your product as well as action video now that I have a multi mount for my camera

Last edited by 96_xj; 05-13-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

I am already thinking about these in the next few weeks if money allows. Im not an expert photographer, or live near any mountains like that but I drive my jeep every day and wheel when I can like most people. I can give a real review with no bs.
Attached Thumbnails Shackle Relocation Brackets-forumrunner_20110510_145939.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l inline 6
Default I'm interested

I'm interested. Here is a pic of my rig;

I'm interested in gaining some flex and travel with my rig and these would be a godsend for me. I have been in the jeep scene for about a year and I have done some work on the front to get rid of my DW. I also have changed out the engine (blew a piston on new years eve), first time doing engine work, and now I'm ready to improve my back end suspension.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996

your website says it adds 1-1.5" lift, is that right? other relocation boxes are more like .75". is 1-1.5" the distance from original unibody mount hole to new shackle mount hole, so were looking at more like .5-.75" lift, expecially over straight up and down shackles? I want to get some of these but I dont want to add more than .75" lift
Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

These things look great!! I'm very interested in a pair mainly because my stock shackles limit my rear flex. Of course I don't have the most flexy rig at 4" of lift using the stock shackle seen here, but I want to show just how much of a difference these things will make. My stock shackle limited me on really tucking those tires. The XJ in the video improved on the RTI ramp by 10" which is awesome for a mainly stock suspension. I definitely think I would be a good candidate for this giveaway just to show off how much the little guy can flex with the right suspension components.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:53 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0L

Im interested. I could use a little more travel. In the second pic I'm about 2 inches off the ground on that rear tire. I'll also be returning home from school in a few days and will have plenty of time to give you a full detailed write up.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:00 PM

I am looking in to getting these as well. And most that know me know I love to do write ups! If you want a write up on a super clean rig so all pics are clear then I'm your guy.

My feedback on these from the video......

I like the concept 100%. I have seen other companies versions installed on XJ's. These by far are the easiest looking to install which is a plus. No welding is also a plus. Now as far as the video, yes it was entertaining for sure. I hope you guys got permission from Eminem for using his song. If not, be careful with that. He can sue you for that. When I heard the song and the slowmo started, I was lmao!!! Now, in the video, this should have been done on the white one not the stock one. I had 3 inch RC springs that would tuck the wheel like that all day long with extended shackles. It would be nice to see these done on a lifted rig. (How about mine?? ) I would also like to see the down travel with these and also would like to see them with extended shackles as well. (How about with my extended RC shackles? ) If you have bump stops on the rear, you can only get so much uptravel anyway. I think you should advertise these with better ride and more down travel IMO. My only real concern with these is that you no longer have that heavy set of shackle bolts holding the leafs and rear axle to the Jeep. The whole set up is hanging from 2 bolts with threaded holes on the bracket now. Just my .02. I love the design and can't wait to try them.

Here is my shackle angle

Here is my Jeep

Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Here is a pic of my jeep now:

3 inch rough country add a leaf kit on it right now..
I would like to have this to gain another 1.5 inch or so in the rear and then put some spacers in the front so I can have a total of ~4.5 inches of lift.

I did notice a difference between the movie and text install instructions, on the movie they left the shackle on the spring, on the text install instructions it says to remove it...guess thats personal preference?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:09 AM
CF Veteran

I'm interested! Here is mine. My leafs are 3" RC full pack with ya'lls drop shackles at its lowest location. My angle isn't terrible but I would LOVE to have some extended travel in the rear. Here is how mines sits now at ~4.5".

I would gladly take some pictures of the shackle angle if that would help my chances but I'm sure you already know how it sits given my assembly.

Let me know if I can get involved! BTW, I can give you some fork-lift test's!

Quick Reply: Shackle Relocation Brackets