Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

No cost shipping on Rough Country this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up No cost shipping on Rough Country this weekend.

Black Friday through Cyber Monday pay nothing for shipping on all Rough Country products. (aka: FREE SHIPPING!)

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...anufacturer=80

Last edited by Jeepin Jason; 11-23-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO I6

Awesome! Thanks for that. Need to pick up some shackle relocation boxes
Old 11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Would like to catch the RCS670N2 on a deal like this one day when I got the extra dough.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 PM

Engine: 4.0L

Is Canada included in this by any chance?
Old 11-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry, no, guess I should clarify it's for the contiguous 48 states only.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Engine: 4.0L

Damn, kinda figured that though but you never know! lol
Old 11-24-2011, 09:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason
Black Friday through Cyber Monday pay nothing for shipping on all Rough Country products. (aka: FREE SHIPPING!)

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...anufacturer=80
.....plus 10% off????
Old 11-26-2011, 01:36 AM

Year: 2000

Just ordered a 4.5 inch lift for my 2000 Xj with new leaf packs! Can't wait to get it
Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

You did?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 PM

Yup. I didn't read this thread til after I didn't get the 10% but got free shipping.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, no, guess I should clarify it's for the contiguous 48 states only.
Is there any reason why almost ALL of the vendors we (Canadians) want to buy from all treat us like we're from Nigeria or something?
It's not anymore difficult to ship here, however we keep seeing shipping costs of like $200 for a $20 item.
Why? I've been in the import, export business and it's not that difficult OR expensive but you all try to use shipping as a profit centre with Canadians. Our dollars are about the same and I've never had Mastercard, or Paypal tell me I can't buy something from the US.
You know what's really sad is some of the stuff you sell to us not built by yourselves is made in Canada (B&M tranny coolers?).
Come on guys. Would you tell Californians that? About the same population.
Would you kill that big a market?
I'm really getting tired of being treated like I have cooties.

BTW Did you know that up until Damiler bought Chyrsler all your YJ and TJ`s were BUILT in Brampton Ontario.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Arrow

Originally Posted by Jamie57
Is there any reason why almost ALL of the vendors we (Canadians) want to buy from all treat us like we're from Nigeria or something?
It's not anymore difficult to ship here, however we keep seeing shipping costs of like $200 for a $20 item.
Why? I've been in the import, export business and it's not that difficult OR expensive but you all try to use shipping as a profit centre with Canadians. Our dollars are about the same and I've never had Mastercard, or Paypal tell me I can't buy something from the US.
You know what's really sad is some of the stuff you sell to us not built by yourselves is made in Canada (B&M tranny coolers?).
Come on guys. Would you tell Californians that? About the same population.
Would you kill that big a market?
I'm really getting tired of being treated like I have cooties.

BTW Did you know that up until Damiler bought Chyrsler all your YJ and TJ`s were BUILT in Brampton Ontario.
Actually, shipping to Canada costs an arm and a leg via UPS, FedEx, etc, compared to shipping within the US. Shipping also costs an arm and a leg to get anything Alaska or Hawaii (though for slightly different reasons), that's why they don't quality for the free shipping deal either.

And yes, it's more difficult (though not prohibitively so) to ship outside the US due to all the customs forms, etc that have to be filled out, attached to the box, etc.

I would LOVE IT if we could ship to customers in Canada for the same ease and price as shipping to the lower 48, it would really increase our sales and customer base. If anyone is trying to use shipping as a profit center with Canadians it's UPS and FedEx, NOT US. I've lost a tonne of sales to Canadians after getting shipping quotes from UPS and FedEx if it's for anything that weighs more than a loaf of bread.

For me to ship a Poison Spyder Bombshell diff cover to California, it would cost us $22.37. To ship the same cover to you in London, ON, it would be $32.67 (just got quotes off UPS.com). Granted, that's only about $10 more, but as a % it's 50% more expensive, and that's just for a 12 pound object in a smallish (12x12x4") box.

The free shipping deal on Rough Country is a factory-direct offer, so we don't have any say in the conditions of the offer anyway.

For the record, when it's a shipping deal that we're offering ourselves, we'll cover shipping for up to a certain amount (usually the max it could be for ground shipping in the Lower 48) for "international" customers, and they cover the difference.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually, shipping to Canada costs an arm and a leg via UPS, FedEx, etc, compared to shipping within the US. Shipping also costs an arm and a leg to get anything Alaska or Hawaii (though for slightly different reasons), that's why they don't quality for the free shipping deal either.

And yes, it's more difficult (though not prohibitively so) to ship outside the US due to all the customs forms, etc that have to be filled out, attached to the box, etc.

I would LOVE IT if we could ship to customers in Canada for the same ease and price as shipping to the lower 48, it would really increase our sales and customer base. If anyone is trying to use shipping as a profit center with Canadians it's UPS and FedEx, NOT US. I've lost a tonne of sales to Canadians after getting shipping quotes from UPS and FedEx if it's for anything that weighs more than a loaf of bread.

For me to ship a Poison Spyder Bombshell diff cover to California, it would cost us $22.37. To ship the same cover to you in London, ON, it would be $32.67 (just got quotes off UPS.com). Granted, that's only about $10 more, but as a % it's 50% more expensive, and that's just for a 12 pound object in a smallish (12x12x4") box.

The free shipping deal on Rough Country is a factory-direct offer, so we don't have any say in the conditions of the offer anyway.

For the record, when it's a shipping deal that we're offering ourselves, we'll cover shipping for up to a certain amount (usually the max it could be for ground shipping in the Lower 48) for "international" customers, and they cover the difference.
UPS tried that same stunt with me. I told them if they wanted my business which was about 30 to 40 parcels a day then they`d better back off the BS. I had DHL, FED EX and Purolater and a couple others, all knocking on my door wanting my business. For competitive rates too. BTW I don`t know why you guys don`t ship USPS. I`ve never had a problem getting anything from them for a LOT less. They even help you fill out customs reports. A lot of their shipping software is already set up with customs info. You just have to activate that module of their software. I know as I did beta testing on several systems for the couriers here.
For anything under $100 they don`t even bother with customs or duty as Revenue Canada (our version of the mafia err umm IRS) costs them more in paperwork than they would collect in fees.

Last edited by Jamie57; 11-27-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: SPELNG
Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jamie57
UPS tried that same stunt with me. I told them if they wanted my business which was about 30 to 40 parcels a day then they`d better back off the BS. I had DHL, FED EX and Purolater and a couple others, all knocking on my door wanting my business. For competitive rates too. BTW I don`t know why you guys don`t ship USPS. I`ve never had a problem getting anything from them for a LOT less. They even help you fill out customs reports. A lot of their shipping software is already set up with customs info. You just have to activate that module of their software. I know as I did beta testing on several systems for the couriers here.
For anything under $100 they don`t even bother with customs or duty as Revenue Canada (our version of the mafia err umm IRS) costs them more in paperwork than they would collect in fees.
That's closer to what we ship in a month, and we probably don't even average one international customer a month.

Most of what we carry is drop-shipped direct from the mfg or one of the warehouse distributors that we deal with, which is nearly all UPS-based. For the parts that we ship out ourselves though, we almost always use USPS for international shipments because like you said, they're generally a lot less expensive and easier to deal with. Shoot, we use USPS for most of our domestic shipping as well because it's cheaper (on small, light stuff), easier, they provide boxes, and the mailman stops by everyday.

edit: Oh, and Priority Mail is almost always faster than UPS ground. The only real downside/customer complaint is the lack of tracking in the way that UPS/FedEx provide shipment tracking, but that's rarely been an issue with customers.

Last edited by Jeepin Jason; 11-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered Users

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0ho

I sent you a message on something unrelated, this is a steal, I know atleast one time in my past I've had to wait on getting parts because I couldnt swing the shipping.

Wish I had the extra coin I'd do my long arm upgrade now.

Quick Reply: No cost shipping on Rough Country this weekend.