Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

HD High Clearance Steering Kits - the best steering you can buy for your XJ

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default HD High Clearance Steering Kits - the best steering you can buy for your XJ

I'm slightly biased, but ask around. If you find someone who doesn't say that their steering was greatly improved after installing our kit, I'll buy you a ham sammich!

www.bleeoffroad.com - in stock and shipping daily!
Old 06-28-2016, 01:31 PM

The real deal. How well could your stock (or even most aftermarket stock replacement) steering handle this?

We build it, we test it, we wheel it - and if it doesn't work we don't sell it. The real deal.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:43 PM

Thank you for all of the orders CherokeeForum, we're churning through hundreds of feet of DOM a week, cranking out the best made steering kits you can buy!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:45 PM

How many people bent their stock steering today alone?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be in the market for a new steering system and I have a few questions:

Can a steering stabilizer be added to your kit?

I like the idea of an over the knuckle drag link with the tie rods below (like pictured). Does this still work with the stock location of the track bar mount? I am currently running a Rubicon Express bar. I really cant tell from the pics if it it is a factory mount. Basically looking for a bolt in kit besides drilling.

Any issues with that upper heim in single sheer? Thats a lot of stress on that one bolt, what size is it?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jerardisflossin
I am going to be in the market for a new steering system and I have a few questions:

Can a steering stabilizer be added to your kit?

I like the idea of an over the knuckle drag link with the tie rods below (like pictured). Does this still work with the stock location of the track bar mount? I am currently running a Rubicon Express bar. I really cant tell from the pics if it it is a factory mount. Basically looking for a bolt in kit besides drilling.

Any issues with that upper heim in single sheer? Thats a lot of stress on that one bolt, what size is it?

Thanks!
Thanks for the questions, I love good questions!

Yes, you can add a steering stabilizer back if you like, we offer the bracket to do that on the website.

Yes, the kit installed UTK (tie rod on the bottom, drag link on top of the knuckle & top of the pitman arm) keeps the steering parallel and perfect.

Finally, we've had no issues with the passenger side bolt, it's a 5/8" grade 8 bolt. A few guys have built a double shear bracket to capture the top of the bolt, which isn't a bad idea, but as it is there haven't been any issues that I am aware of.

We currently have plenty of kits in stock for same day shipping too. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

- Brian
Old 08-18-2016, 06:08 PM

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? With literally several hundred of our kits installed on Jeeps all over the country and used in all sorts of environments, every one is still going strong!

We offer a You-Break-It-We-Replace-It Warranty on all B. Lee's Off Road parts - first, because we want you to be 100% confident in your purchase and second, because if you incur a failure we want to know about it to make any improvements if we can.

We currently have kits in stock and ready for same day shipping. If you have immediate questions please call the shop ! (423) 713-7987

http://bleeoffroad.com/item/standard-steering-kit
Old 08-18-2016, 10:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: I6 4.0

Originally Posted by b. lee
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? With literally several hundred of our kits installed on Jeeps all over the country and used in all sorts of environments, every one is still going strong!

We offer a You-Break-It-We-Replace-It Warranty on all B. Lee's Off Road parts - first, because we want you to be 100% confident in your purchase and second, because if you incur a failure we want to know about it to make any improvements if we can.

We currently have kits in stock and ready for same day shipping. If you have immediate questions please call the shop ! (423) 713-7987

http://bleeoffroad.com/item/standard-steering-kit
Once my zj tie rod or drag link go out on me this is the place I'm ordering from! Just waiting for a rock or worn tre. I see your website says 3.75" BS minimum, have you tried 4" before? I know Cavfab's looks very similar and works with 4" and no issues and that's the BS I have.

Last edited by unidentifiedbomb; 08-19-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by unidentifiedbomb
Once my zj tie rod or drag link go out on me this is the place I'm ordering from! Just waiting for a rock or worn tre. I see your website says 3.75" BS minimum, have you tried 4" before? I know Cavfab's looks very similar and works with 4" and no issues and that's the BS I have.
It's very tight with 4" backspacing at steel wheels, aluminum wheels no go. You can grind a little to the bolt head and washer for some clearance and should be fine with 4".

When you're ready to buy please let me know, I'll make sure you get the best price on the best steering kit available, and a handful of stickers to share with your friends!

Last edited by Outlaw Star; 09-28-2016 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:32 PM

Free shipping? We do that too! In stock for same day shipping!
Old 10-05-2016, 07:19 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6

On 6.5" of lift, would I need a drop pitman arm to work with your UTK kit? I noticed you said you can bolt it to the top of the pitman arm to get the steering angles right. Would you mount it to the top if using a drop pitman arm or mount it on the bottom if using the stock pitman arm?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:47 PM
CF Veteran

Anyone? ^^^
Old 10-17-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marks2000XJ
On 6.5" of lift, would I need a drop pitman arm to work with your UTK kit? I noticed you said you can bolt it to the top of the pitman arm to get the steering angles right. Would you mount it to the top if using a drop pitman arm or mount it on the bottom if using the stock pitman arm?
I can answer this in two parts.

First, our kit doesn't require a drop pitman arm, the deciding factor in whether you need a drop pitman arm or not is your track bar mount. A drop track bar mount requires a drop pitman arm and vice versa. That keeps your drag link & track bar parallel.

With that being said, over 6" of lift we highly recommend that you upgrade to a full OTK Steering and OTA Track Bar kit. The benefits are numerous to this system including flatter drag link & track bar angles and a raised roll center for more stability. We offer a full steering/track bar kit as well.

http://bleeoffroad.com/item/otk-high...r-complete-kit
Old 10-19-2016, 08:47 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by b. lee
I can answer this in two parts.

First, our kit doesn't require a drop pitman arm, the deciding factor in whether you need a drop pitman arm or not is your track bar mount. A drop track bar mount requires a drop pitman arm and vice versa. That keeps your drag link & track bar parallel.

With that being said, over 6" of lift we highly recommend that you upgrade to a full OTK Steering and OTA Track Bar kit. The benefits are numerous to this system including flatter drag link & track bar angles and a raised roll center for more stability. We offer a full steering/track bar kit as well.

http://bleeoffroad.com/item/otk-high...r-complete-kit
Okay. I will be installing the IRO 6.5" lift kit and it comes with a track bar drop bracket. So I will need to get a drop pitman arm if I use your steering kit, yes?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:42 AM

If the kit has a drop track bar bracket it should also have a drop pitman arm, regardless of whether you use our steering kit or not.

Quick Reply: HD High Clearance Steering Kits - the best steering you can buy for your XJ