Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #1

View stickey's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Cherokee
Default rear speaker roof bar ???

I have a 1998 xj SE (BASE) model - no power windows or power seats. I did a small interior swap with another xj (1997). My jeep only has front speakers from the factory. I took the rear sound bar with courtisy light from the other jeep, I also took the mounting bracket and the wire harness for the sound bar. In my xj I took the rear interior quater panel (passenger) off to see if I had the factory plug for the sound bar. There is a plug not being used, but it's not the same type. However both have the same amount of wires (7) and 6 of them are the same color wire with the same color tracers. Only one wire is a different color. Did I miss an adapter will pulling the new one? Is it the same wires just different plug for different years? Anyone Know?
Attached Images

stickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #2

View twscyclone200's Photo Album My Photos
1997 Cherokee

i have a 97 xj se (base model) and i have no sound bar and just wanted to know where that rear interior quarter panel is exactly. i wanted to find that plug but i have no idea where it is.
twscyclone200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Seasoned Member

View housew's Photo Album My Photos
1999 Cherokee

do some testing with those wires and a voltmeter or a small speaker with your radio on. I'd try to find ones for the light first. should have

power for light
ground for light
+rr speaker
-rr speaker
-rl speaker
+rl speaker

kinda clueless about the 7th though.

I added a sound bar but I just ran wires back from the head unit up the pillar next to my seat and and to the bar all tucked into the moulding. Wouldn't work for your courtesy light though...
housew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #4

View stickey's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Cherokee

The panel in the back cargo passenger side, the useless cubby hole. The plug is behind there. I was gonna just run wires from the head unit to, but I grabbed the harness from the doner xj. I'll try to use it. I was talking with my audio guy he said the voltage will increase with the volume to the speaker wires so I don't think it's gonna be a big deal to figure it out. Problem is my wife wrecked her Yukon Fri night - so now she's drivin the Jeep to work. I'm worried she 'll wreck that too, lol.
.............\\
stickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
Seasoned Member

View housew's Photo Album My Photos
1999 Cherokee

haha, sketchy. good luck with the wires. I'm lucky, my girl doesn't like to drive the jeep cause it "feels funny in corners" and she can't get into it without getting dirty. need to get some rocker guards with steps for the little one
housew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 AM

submit to reddit