Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Project Mirkwood - My $500 find"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Model: Cherokee

That is interesting that your fuse panel is on the passenger side vice drivers side where most vehicles are. That vehicle from canada? Not that it will matter I'm just wondering why the difference.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by XJIrish4x4
That is interesting that your fuse panel is on the passenger side vice drivers side where most vehicles are. That vehicle from canada? Not that it will matter I'm just wondering why the difference.
I don't know why it's on the passenger side, lol.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:17 AM

My kid's in Florida at Disney World this week and asked if he could leave his Cherokee at my place instead of his appartments, so I said hell ya!

Daddy drove it to work today and just about everywhere else

​​​​​​
Old 01-18-2018, 01:42 AM

I've been pretty busy with things around the house lately so only got some tiny things done on it. Replaced passenger rear door sill plate.
Replaced drivers door sill plate.
Replaced the rear door panels with the dark grey ones.
The drivers side is finally almost changed to dark .

Now
that I know the windshield doesn't need replaced to fix any leaks (and that I don't have to yard out the entire dash), I can soon swap out the last few pieces of the light grey plastics. I just have the a-piller plastics and the dash end caps left. It's been nice knocking down the huge pile of dark grey interior and gaining some of my shop back. Now I just need to figure out some more of my leaks so I can get my carpet, seats, and console back in.

Speaking of leaks, I think I figured one out. I was cleaning some of the seals and noticed the drivers door has a tear in the bottom. I think water flows inside of a channel of the seal and then pours out the tear and eventually flows onto my floor. Its hard to see but just above the second grey square is water pooling on top of the seal, and thats right where the seal is torn.

Hopefully the parts jeep has a good one.

Last edited by Kevin Miller; 01-19-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:51 AM

Oh yeah, and I bought the Jeep some bling today. I hate sales lot license plate frames! The new one is black chome.... nice and shiney for those early morning tailgaters
Old 01-18-2018, 07:31 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Kevin Miller
Oh yeah, and I bought the Jeep some bling today. I hate sales lot license plate frames! The new one is black chome.... nice and shiney for those early morning tailgaters

Looks like some much needed maintenance and progress!

I too drove my XJ yesterday, wife needed a few things from the store local so when I got home from work I jumped in and went for a ride. As a beater it can be I love driving it.

Think I'll have the funds to buy more new sneakers for her come 1st of Feb. Which will be great because then I'll probably drive her to work. That and I really need to get my RE 4.5" lift installed.

In due time it will all come together
Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 PM

Looks like some much needed maintenance and progress!

In due time it will all come together
Thank you, and ya sooner or later it will come together
Old 01-19-2018, 10:22 AM

I bought a couple more things for the jeep yesterday I picked up this super stout solid metal tow clevis set up. Theres a better chance of my tow hitch being ripped off than this thing ever breaking, lol.
I also bought a new brake pedal pad, cause who likes wet/muddy shoes slidding all over the place when they're trying to stop? Plus, it looks better.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:45 AM
CF Veteran

Where did you pickup the hitch at? If you are in ever need of those loops I can get you some Super large ones all the way down to smaller ones.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97

Where did you pickup the hitch at? If you are in ever need of those loops I can get you some Super large ones all the way down to smaller ones.
Hey... Thought you was working? I'm going to tell your uncle Sam. lol
Old 01-19-2018, 11:11 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Hey... Thought you was working? I'm going to tell your uncle Sam. lol
Yea you caught me I can't help it I need my Jeep fix lol
Old 01-19-2018, 11:42 AM

My kid quit running his sway bar a while back and gave me his poly bushings for Christmas, and I finally got to installing them yesterday. Mine were pretty well shot and bouncing off the brackets every time I hit a bump. I'm hoping this is the last clunk noise maker on the front end, but we'll see, lol.
Drivers side before and after.
Accidently deleted the passenger before pic, but heres the after.
I decided to stay with the stock hangers because they are pretty beefy, hold the bushings in from the side also, and because i didnt like the slotted bolt holes on the hangers from the poly bushings.
So, just when I thought I was ready to call it a night, put a done stamp on it, and take pics I saw my new bushings weren't sitting right. The were being pulled toward the back. I yarded the one off the parts jeep, and sure enough, my sway bar was bent where it comes through the bushings. I swapped everything over and she looks good now.

Last edited by Kevin Miller; 01-19-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:54 AM

I got them at a local place called Tony's Auto Parts. I don't know if they are a chain store or not, but they have been here forever in Vancouver Wa. It was only $33 so I had to get it. It's all one solid pice of steel! Solid except the two holes for the pins

if I ever get up your way I'd love any hooks or loops or anything else!

Last edited by Kevin Miller; 01-19-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:11 PM
CF Veteran

Sounds good man I have and got plenty of them to share. Friend ordered way too many for his job and realized he had no space for them. So I figured I have some good use of them Those are energy bushings right? If so those are quality Some will say they squeak overtime just need to keep them lubricated. I put some grease on mine for my F350 sway bar almost a year ago and with water and snow even in a year no squeaks and still have signs of grease on them.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:54 PM

I paid in today to be a member, I'm just waiting on my stickers now