Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here All Modified, NON-OEM tech goes here. IE:Aftermarket Lifts, Shocks, Tires, Performance, etc..

Remote start install on WK?

Old 02-26-2019, 04:09 PM

Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Straight 6
Default Remote start install on WK?

Looking to install a remote start/unlock on my 05 WK hemi. Have done some research and seen various threads on the subject, but have a couple questions for those who have done an install.

I plan on using the dball 3 bypass module pre flashed, as well as the THCHD1 T Harness and the compustar cs-4900 remote start kit. Is that everything I need? I know Ill have to pop the ignition cylinder most likely or at least remove the little plastic cover to get at the plug, but other than that anything else I need to know? Also, is it worth paying the extra $15 for the T harness? Does it really make it plug n play as claimed or will I still have to cut and splice a few wires, anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Also if anyone could help explain how the actual remote start and the bypass module connect/work together that would be awesome. Never done this before so I'm a bit nervous. Especially after finding this thread talking about it being a difficult job requiring multiple relays and resistors. Maybe that is just old information? Anyone seen anything like this? First I've heard of needing anything besides the parts I listed above.

https://www.tintdude.com/forum/topic...erokee-wiring/