Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Weird radio interference

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Weird radio interference

Okay so recently i have been building my sound system in my jeep its a 96 xj with an aftermarket radio and it started making interference noise.. not from the engine or a constant noise.. it comes and goes.. and it happens like in the same places when i drive or it stays on for longer periods and it changes tones sometimes.. this happens on all inputs bt, aux, radio, usb all i dont know what to do please help! I even tried changing the radio to a newer one and it still does the same
Old 05-31-2019, 01:42 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

Did you connect the ground wire from the wiring harness that came with your aftermarket radio to the factory ground spade from the factory wiring harness? If that doesn't fix the issue, you might need to install a suppression strap on the antenna.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Are the signal wires ran with power wires. Seen some systems where they install a small transformer at the radio to help eliminate noise. But if yours is intermittent might be something else.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94zj318
Did you connect the ground wire from the wiring harness that came with your aftermarket radio to the factory ground spade from the factory wiring harness? If that doesn't fix the issue, you might need to install a suppression strap on the antenna.
Yes it is all wired up from factory harness.. the only thing i can say is it started happening when i installed the light bar.. but it should have nothing to do with the radio or noise coming into the radio