Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

aftermarket ignition switch ?s (keyless)

Old 06-01-2019, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Question aftermarket ignition switch ?s (keyless)

I have a 95 with an ignition switch that just went bad completely, i ordered one of the race car start panels online for right around 30$, so far i have figured out pretty well what wires on the 7 pin connector go to what. I have been told everything going through the ignition switch runs from there to relays so all the amperage is low (around 5amps), so the first question i have, is this statement accurate ?
Also there are 2 red supply wires in the 7 pin connector for the ignition switch, so my second question even though its common wiring knowledge I'd imagine is, can i just run both supply wires to one post on my main switch that energizes the the panel ?

(After this is figured out i will create a how to post with pictures, i haven't found a thread that is super in depth on the subject and i see a lot of people asking questions about this mod because our ignition switches are so issue prone, this is on a 95 sport 2 door 5 speed manual 4.0 ho 4x4)