Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Upgrading 2002 Grand Cherokee sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Upgrading 2002 Grand Cherokee sound system?

Hey I want to upgrade my entire factory sound system in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee but I'm curious if everything's wired already and all I need to do is buy the parts and adapters for everything. It has the factory amp and all and I was wondering if I could simply one by one unplug the deck and replace it with a new one with the correct adapters and do the same with the speakers and the factory amp under the back right seat. Is it as easy as unplugging them and plugging the aftermarket ones in with the right adapters or do I need new wiring?
Old 04-29-2016, 11:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

The head unit yes for sure it can be with an adapter as for the rest I'm not sure as I have not looked at mine. Mine does have the upgraded head unit and Infinity speakers and the amp under the rear seat.

I would guess you could change the connectors with a wire/connector jumper from the speakers to the factory speaker wiring if it was different easy enough.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
The head unit yes for sure it can be with an adapter as for the rest I'm not sure as I have not looked at mine. Mine does have the upgraded head unit and Infinity speakers and the amp under the rear seat.

I would guess you could change the connectors with a wire/connector jumper from the speakers to the factory speaker wiring if it was different easy enough.
I mean I'm pretty sure all the speakers are already wired to the amp I currently have so if it's as easy as unplugging the amp and plugging in a new better one that'd be awesome and same with the speakers if worse came to worse if I have to splice the wires that's not that bad... but I'm looking to order speakers with the correct connectors, but I'm not sure why people take their car into shops then because doing your own speakers and sound system is easy as hell haha

Last edited by HILLBILLIONAIRE; 04-29-2016 at 01:14 PM.