Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

stereo and wiring issue, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default stereo and wiring issue, need help!

I have a 2000 Cherokee, i just wired up an aftermarket RKE, rec-43t, but it wasnt getting power when the jeep was off, same with dome lights when jeep was off, so I cut the pink power wire at my kick panel on the passenger side and wired it directly to my amp connecting it to the power wire that runs to the battery, but now the stereo is flashing when the jeep is off and the doors are closed.

Also I had issues keeping the stereo on if I did not connect the red and yellow wires together, and the dash stops working if i wire the red to red and yellow to yellow, which the stereo wont work either.

If I connect the stereo main power to an alternate power source than the wiring harness do you think it will solve this issue, also where can i run an alternate memory power wire so I dont have to constantly reset my settings?

Also random thing happening, when the power is off and im sitting in the jeep, if i hit the window buttons because the green lights on them are on, the dome light comes back on, what have i done by running that pink wire to constant power?

Last edited by swamplordGW; 08-30-2016 at 12:34 AM. Reason: adding additional issue
Old 08-30-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Update. I've ran alternate power and memory power wires up for the stereo and connected the red and yellow from the aftermarket wiring harness together to keep my dash working. Running the alternate power wires have solved my stereo flashing when the jeep is off problem, and my memory problem so I don't have to reset the settings. So now everything is working properly, as it should, I even used a thread I read on here to bypass the child lock on the windows to fix only the driver controls working.

This forum kicks ***