MJ Comanche Tech. Stock & Modified. MJ (86-92)
All discussion regarding the Jeep Comanche, the pickup truck related to the Cherokee platform.

My 99 Jeep Comanche

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default My 99 Jeep Comanche

So! Last weekend I made a 26 hour round trip drive to New Mexico to pick up this beauty!

I have always wanted to build a converted Comanche. But now that i am in the Military its hard to commit to such a project.

So here it is:

AXLES:
Dana 30, 3.55 gears with a spartan locker, lca skid plates, Terra flex high steer, and a double sheer Rubicon express track bar. Rubicon express lower arms and adjustable rough country upper arms. Cryco 8.25 rear axle, 29 spline shafts and a spartan locker set up for SOA.

MOTOR:
4.0l out of a 99 xj, was rebuilt at time when installed, .30 over. Has bored out TB, high volume melling oil pump, brown dog block brackets, iron man HD motor mounts, eddlebrock dual outlet header, and 99 high flow intake manifold.

TRANS AND TRANSFER CASE:
ax15 out of a 99 XJ has new clutch, Np231 transfer case, has Chevy HD wide chain and gears and a 6 pinion planetary.

LIFT:
6.5" IRO lift coils in front, adjustable upper rough country arms and lower Rubicon express arms, Rubicon express double sheer track bar, spring over axle in the rear, BDS 6" shocks at all 4 corners.

INTERIOR:
all of the interior came out of a 99 limited Cherokee. Has HEATED, power leather seats (THAT WORKS!!!) also has the proper 2 door windows switch for the conversion installed in the drivers door.

EXTERIOR:
Front bumper is from loans metal products and has a warn winch, also has 4 led pod lights 2 on the bumper and 2 on the b pillars. Rear HD bumper with 2" hitch receiver. Truck also has windows visors installed. Also has Bushwacker flat fenders installed.

And I have ordered Fox shocks for the front, a fox steering stabilizer, a sway bar, JKS disconnects, Iron Man HD Steering Box Brace with the sector shaft support, Iron Man HD steering box spacer, Iron Man HD sway drop bar brackets.

The winch was not functioning consistently so i tore it apart and tested the solenoids, I am replacing those, and putting synthetic line on.

Also, it needs a headboard... Someone took a razor to it at some point in time.... If anyone has any leads on a Comanche headboard i would be very very appreciative!!!

I just wanted to share, not to many of these converted comanches around! So what do you guys think??

Ill post up some more pictures soon!

The drive in New Mexico was one of the most beautiful cruises iv ever been on.

Just picked up the bad boy!

Had to stop at walmart and get some different straps... the ones i brought were aircraft straps and just strap how i felt comfortable

Old 10-17-2016, 03:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998

Nice pick up! I would've loved a 97+ swap in mine!
As for the headliner there's a guy in comancheclub.com that makes Comanche headliners...if you can't get to him there then here's his email
Customheadliners@windstream.net to reach and at a fair price...
Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1988
Model: Comanche

Nice rig. I feel like I have seen it before on comanche club. Did the guy who owned it before mention anything?
Old 10-17-2016, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by zebvance
Nice rig. I feel like I have seen it before on comanche club. Did the guy who owned it before mention anything?
No he did not. But I had a feeling there had to somethings, somewhere about this rig. I can't imagine someone doijgnthenconversin and not posting about it... Considering how much research and time it takes.

I'll look around Comanche club!!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by 88whitecomanche
Nice pick up! I would've loved a 97+ swap in mine!
As for the headliner there's a guy in comancheclub.com that makes Comanche headliners...if you can't get to him there then here's his email
Customheadliners@windstream.net to reach and at a fair price...
Awesome! Thanks, I'll give him a shout!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:20 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1988
Model: Comanche

Originally Posted by DigitalBman
No he did not. But I had a feeling there had to somethings, somewhere about this rig. I can't imagine someone doijgnthenconversin and not posting about it... Considering how much research and time it takes.

I'll look around Comanche club!!

Yea join up, there is a TON of knowledge over there.