KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Please help....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Please help....

Hi All... I am a new member and am looking at purchasing a new 2017 Cherokee Limited 4x4. We need a car that is good for general driving and can also go on powder sand beaches... I would greatly appreciate any input.... we live in Florida (north east) and just now that we need to test drive the car the drought that we have been in for almost a month is gone... 3 days of rain and counting which means we can't test drive the car in the beach conditions we will be using the car for. In addition, the only car that would could find for sale that fits our needs is in Maryland... we would have to have it shipped here... so... we need to act if we are going to get the car but need to be assured that it will work in the sand... INPUT NEEDED PLEASE...

thanks!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Wrong forum.

but if your driving on powder sand I would say it wouldn't do so well. You have to air down for sand driving and newer jeeps come with like 20s don't they?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 AM

what forum should this be posted on??? help please..
Old 06-08-2017, 10:48 PM

Year: 2016
Engine: V6

It will work in the sand. There you go.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Martlor13
Wrong forum.

but if your driving on powder sand I would say it wouldn't do so well. You have to air down for sand driving and newer jeeps come with like 20s don't they?
Why was he in the wrong forum ? Was his thread moved from another section ?
There might be some version that comes with 20's but my 2015 Limited came with 18's.
No worries, the KL should be as good in sand as anything else, better than most. Provided the tires aren't smooth highway tires.
I've driven mine in mud and loose dirt, hilly terrain, and it does almost as well as my XJ. It will be much closer to being equal to the XJ when my tires get replaced with a more all terrain tire (still won't have as good of ground clearance though).