KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISO Aftermarket Radio KL Cherokee

Old 11-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Model: Cherokee (KL)
Default ISO Aftermarket Radio KL Cherokee

ISO Aftermarket radio that will retain my 2018 Cherokee's stock features such as steering controls, backup camera and microphone. Android Auto is a plus.

Talked to Crutchfield today and the young fella basically told me that they do not offer stereo units that are compatible with the stock/installed backup camera or microphone. I asked about possible adapters to bridge that gap, and again he wasn't aware of any that existed. I am not really interested in running new wires for a camera and mic.

I know I could upgrade to Jeeps stock 8.4" radio and get those features. Just can't afford $1,700 for an effin radio.

Does anyone have success with this scenario? Please share : )

Currently installed is the tiny teeny lil teaser radio: Uconnect 3 5" Display - here

Thanks Nik
Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 PM

Year: 2019
Engine: 3.2

Yeah, I would not give up the back camera and microphone. Crutchfield is usually my go to for info so all I can think of is maybe getting an 8.4 from a crashed car. Did the on my old JK but not sure if there is any other programming involved on the new configuration these days.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:56 AM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Here is a radio replacement that is cheaper than even the used 8.4 radio and it looks amazing. I have no clue about it just had it saved while looking into this myself.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Eboost View Post
Here is a radio replacement that is cheaper than even the used 8.4 radio and it looks amazing. I have no clue about it just had it saved while looking into this myself.
It sure is pretty but I contacted them and they said "nope, not a fit". Thanks for sending that over though!

Anyone who ends up here and has the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Base model, this sweet sweet and cheap radio is sadly, not compatible. This is my current radio/trim/control panel as a reference.

Last edited by nikfr80s; 12-09-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 AM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)

The OEM camera is certainly retainable, just may require new wiring to trigger it as well as to relay the video signal. As for the mic, the reason it isnít retainable is that every radio uses a different mic design for noise cancelling and echo reduction. This means you have to use the specific mic for each radio.