KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Heated Mirror Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2015 Trailhawk
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 3.2L V6
Default Heated Mirror Swap

I purchased a 2015 Trailhawk about a month ago from the dealer's lot. It had pretty much everything I wanted, except heated mirrors. Funny thing though, it did have heated seats.

So I'm looking at swapping my power mirrors out for power / heated ones. The problem being, to swap out both mirrors is about $600 for mirrors and paint job.

I'm an engineering electronics tech with a lot of years experience and "could" swap out just the glass for about $100 ... IF I knew a few things which the dealer can't seem to answer.

I went online to purchase a service or wiring manual, but YIKES ... that's a bundle of money.

So here I am. Does anyone know if the wiring loom in the car has the necessary sockets (or wire interconnects) to accept the heated glass wiring?

I know if I swap out the glass alone, I'l have to do some makeshift wiring from the back of the glass, through the door, and into the car ... UNLESS ... like my wife's Ford Escape, the mirror itself has a socket on the backside which plugs into a plug that is mounted to the door frame. Even then, I'd have to wire from the back of the glass to the mirror interface. But I'm not too concerned about that.

But there's the trouble ... I don't know if MOPAR uses wires going through the door frame, or a socket on the back of the mirror that plugs into a plug that is already mounted to the door frame.

I'm leary about trying to remove my door panel to find out, and possibly breaking off plastic tabs and such.

I know there's an empty fuse socket under the hood for heated mirrors.

And I know that the heated mirrors come on when you turn on the rear window defroster (according to the manual). So I (and the dealer) is "assuming" the wiring is already to the door window frames or near it.

But you know what they say about assuming.

Does anyone have any info?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Curious as well

Old thread but I'm in a similar predicament. I want to add the blind spot mirrors to mine but need to know if it is already wired. Did you ever figure this out?

Thanks,
Cory
Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

wonder if it's the same as my JLR. mine doesn't have the heated mirror symbol on the glass, or a button to activate it. but i found out they turn on with the rear defrost, so you might want to try that. since it's a trailhawk, i'm sure you have them.