Title IS SUPER INTERESTING

Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Title IS SUPER INTERESTING

Hello. New user and new owner.
Recently bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 1994. 285.5k $1000

Just wanted to say a couple things about it feel free to respond or if this just dies alone that's fine just the same

ummm. yeah. fairly good condition. runs. lights work. driver door replaced doesn't affect anything except has laredo trim on outside. (also no key for driver door haha). New brake pads or rotors or both. Air condiitoning works excellent very cold but kinda smells like cow feces guess the bro who owned it lived on a farm. Came with stock fog lights which do not work ive been looking at the wiring but it's real messy and hard to understand. I found an excellent diagram on here which i've been using but still a little,,,ye. Liquids are all great stocked up. EXCEPT for oil. oil is in the add portion of the stick. never have I changed oil before (never owned a vehicle before). There is a lot of informatio hopefully I will be able to work it out. Also I believe there is an oil leak and I have no idea what to do with that.

Came with some extra set of tires + rims.
ALSO I have one of those orange cans of death or FRAM or whatever it is to be honest I kind of forget what it is. relate to oil?

Basically new owner. any tips you can give me or want to say anythnig feel free
don't ask about my user name it's silly and

yeah. everything seems fairly good. passed safety. I'll include a smiley face somewhere..
here

thank you for reading.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 td

Hi from England, 3 thing's, firstly check and change oil,secondly lose the smell of cows and thirdly why "sprout" and does that have anything to do with the smell?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Congrats on your first Jeep, pretty good deal. The '93-'98 Grand Cherokee is referred to as the ZJ. Go to a locksmith and he can make you a key for that drivers door pretty cheap.
Front brake change: >->http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFrontDisks.htm
Rear brake change: >->http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRearDrums1.htm
Getting rid of AC odor: >->http://www.wjjeeps.com/hvac_clean.htm
Take it in for an oil change, ( It's very cheap and not worth your time until you start to enjoy it or get payed for it). Ask them to show you if it has any leaks. Once you find the leaks, if any, then discuss possible repairs. For example: rear main seal replacement, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, oil filter adapter o-rings. etc.

Name:  10mnc4m.gif
Views: 8
Size:  45.2 KB

Last edited by ol"blue; 08-24-2012 at 10:32 PM.