Newbie Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Newbie Introduction

Hello All !

I'm new to Jeeps, definitely NOT new to building cars. I just was "gifted" a '96 XJ TWO Door. Super mechanically sound. Cosmetically, it's BEAT. I'd like to "restore" it, and perhaps some cosmetic 'updates'. Right now, I am working from the base of getting essentials, before looking into mods.

The Seals [weatherstrip] are Toast. I also plan to paint it, so they would all be coming off anyway. I have scoured the net for "restoration" parts, and am finding that TWO Door XJ parts are .... Scarce ! Hoping that I can get some recommendations, for things like ¼ Glass Seals, ALL Door-related Seals.

In addition, hoping to find an UNBROKEN Liftgate Interior Panel. I understand that breakage at the [low] 3rd brake light is common. Doors look like someone took a bat to them, so I'll be scouring craigslist for replacement Doors [again, 2 Doors are scarce ... ?!]. This car is JUST going to be a simple, conservative build ... closer to Restoration. No Crawler. No High-hp Build. Just a little Runabout.

This isn't so much a WTB Post, because I know where that belongs [though, as a Newbie here, I don't seem to be able to post anywhere else yet]. I also want to throw out a "HELLO !". I've done several LS Swaps, am from aerospace industry, so I always over-build EVERYTHING, am in southern CA, and love meeting Enthusiasts.

Anyway, hope to learn a lot here.

Thanks !
Stan
Long Beach, CA
Old 07-01-2016, 07:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum here