New to site...&...new to a jeep?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New to site...&...new to a jeep?

Hey guys my names evan and I'm from northeast ohio! I'm 20 years old and so far in the adventure with cars I havnt ventured out from a coupe. I have gone from a 3000gt to a tiburon. For the past week I have been looking to buy a 1992 Cherokee Laredo.. It has 192000 with 31" tires. Everything else bare bone stock...I have been test driving it and have been following this site and have found tons of help. What should I look for in this kind of jeep before buying? I really want the Xj but I do not know if its a lemon.. I hope some of you can help me... I'm in love with the jeep and the site so I don't want to leave lol. I hope I can purchase the jeep and be a member of this community
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 liter in-line six

Originally Posted by esteele23
Hey guys my names evan and I'm from northeast ohio! I'm 20 years old and so far in the adventure with cars I havnt ventured out from a coupe. I have gone from a 3000gt to a tiburon. For the past week I have been looking to buy a 1992 Cherokee Laredo.. It has 192000 with 31" tires. Everything else bare bone stock...I have been test driving it and have been following this site and have found tons of help. What should I look for in this kind of jeep before buying? I really want the Xj but I do not know if its a lemon.. I hope some of you can help me... I'm in love with the jeep and the site so I don't want to leave lol. I hope I can purchase the jeep and be a member of this community
Welcome to the site!! In my 19 years of life, almost all of which has been in Northwest Ohio, the only time "Jeep" and "lemon" are in the same sentence, it usually goes something like this.. "I used my Jeep to pull Kelly's lemon of a Buick home" Anyway, whats the price on this beast, if you don't mind me asking? I'm no expert, but I'd just usually check for leaks, and rust, and maybe unibody cracks.. (forgive me if there are no such thing, but I seem to remember something about that being one of the things you'd wanna check.) Also, just check for any odd noises. Lay down beside it while its running and listen, listen with your ear relatively close to the engine with the hood up, listen to the engine and drivetrain when you've got it moving. That kinda stuff. Also, check to make sure "extra" stuff, like heat/AC, 4 wheel-drive, radio, cigarrette lighter, all that stuff works.. Oh, it probably wouldn't hurt to get a carfax, if you can afford it. AAANYWAY... Why don'tchya stop on over in the off-topic section, "New long post thread" and introduce yourself. We're always lookin' for more in our CF family.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:45 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

i would think any 20 yr old vehicle thats still running and worth purchasing excludes it from being a lemon

http://www.google.com/search?q=what+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site
Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF.