Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default New POPO here

Hi, My name is Larry.

I figured I would be up front and start off with the most obvious... I'm a Police Officer. I work in a small dept in eastern PA (30min from Philly). I have been on the Job for almost 9 years.

On monday we pick up our first Jeep. Its realy for my g/f because she needed something with 4wd for the winter. She had a 98 Nissan Sentra, but that just was not cutting it in the snow.

For the summer time she drives a 2002 Benz Kompressor, however I wont let her drive that in the bad weather.

I myself have a slightly lifted an modified 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, a 1996 Camaro Z28 with a 383+procharger/intercooler and my 2002 Kawasaki ZX12r (slammed and stretched)

Anyways, if I had my way, the new jeep would get lifted and tires and gear to at least make it look like we take it wheelin, however she is not a big fan of the big lift look. Im hoping some of the nice rides on this site get her to change her mind.

Well I guess thats all for now, here are some pics of our rides, and I will post up pics of the new cherokee when we get it on Monday....

My 2002 Montero Sport

My 1996 Z28

My 2002 Kawasaki ZX12r

HER 2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor
Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF from Dan from Tenn.!
Nice pics of some interesting rides. Post up pics of your new Jeep when you can.
And thank you for doing a job that is difficult at times, but necessary. I know in your profession you see the lowest/worst in society, as well as occasionally being the difference between life and death to some people. My hat's off to you sir.
Dan
Old 02-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by ol"blue
Welcome to CF from Dan from Tenn.!
Nice pics of some interesting rides. Post up pics of your new Jeep when you can.
And thank you for doing a job that is difficult at times, but necessary. I know in your profession you see the lowest/worst in society, as well as occasionally being the difference between life and death to some people. My hat's off to you sir.
Dan
Thank You very much, and I will get pics up of it ASAP. Thats it in my avatar, but it was a small pic to begin with....
Old 02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Welcome Larry... glad to have you here. It would be good to have an LEO's point of view on some modifications we do to our rigs.

Shillington is a nice town, been through many times. I'm just outside NE Philly.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by OverlandXJ
Welcome Larry... glad to have you here. It would be good to have an LEO's point of view on some modifications we do to our rigs.

Shillington is a nice town, been through many times. I'm just outside NE Philly.

It will be my pleasure to help out, if anyone has any questions or LE advice, dont hesitate to ask...

Thanks again for the welcome...
Old 02-28-2010, 12:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

Originally Posted by popo8
Hi, My name is Larry.

I figured I would be up front and start off with the most obvious... I'm a Police Officer. I work in a small dept in eastern PA (30min from Philly). I have been on the Job for almost 9 years.

On monday we pick up our first Jeep. Its realy for my g/f because she needed something with 4wd for the winter. ... Anyways, if I had my way, the new jeep would get lifted and tires and gear to at least make it look like we take it wheelin, however she is not a big fan of the big lift look. Im hoping some of the nice rides on this site get her to change her mind.
Hi Larry, show your girlfriend this picture & tell her this Jeep belongs to a girl. Lifting it's really not so bad & it can still be pretty .

Old 02-28-2010, 01:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997

I SWEAR ive seen that montero before while driving to my friends house out in reading. And I have to go to court here soon out towards reading any advice on getting a speading ticket lowered to uhhhh, 3111 i think it is? disregarding traffic control devices, because I cant get anymore point, im at 5 already
Old 02-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by _StationWagon_
Hi Larry, show your girlfriend this picture & tell her this Jeep belongs to a girl. Lifting it's really not so bad & it can still be pretty .

DING DING DING!!!! I think we have a winner. She said she likes it, although she thinks the roof "basket" is to much (I like it). what size tires and lift are on that, and that is what I will push for.....
Old 02-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by foxmxrcer
I SWEAR ive seen that montero before while driving to my friends house out in reading. And I have to go to court here soon out towards reading any advice on getting a speading ticket lowered to uhhhh, 3111 i think it is? disregarding traffic control devices, because I cant get anymore point, im at 5 already

You probably have. SHillington borders Reading, hell we share the same zipcode.

Where did you get the ticket?

The best way for people to get me to reduce citations is to come to court early and try to catch me prior to the hearing.
-pull the officer aside (respectfully)
-tell him you are not arguing with what he is saying (as far as your violation) however never ADMIT to having been speeding, if you do, your done....
-advise him that since you dont argue what he says because it must be truth, all you are asking for is help with the points or the fact that your insurance will get raised.
-PA VC 3111a "OBEDIENCE TO TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES" or 5mph over will both do the same thing for you.... you will have a fine, but your driving record will not be affected in a way that harms you. However the 3111a is better IMO
-Finally if the Officer says there is nothing he can do, it is up to the judge, you go in the court room for the hearing and when it is your time to speak you say this.

"your honor, I am only here today to look for the courts mercy regarding the points which will affect my license. I do not wish to argue what the officer alledges... I am willing to plead guilty to whatever the court decides if the court will please help me with the moving violation aspect of the citation."

cool?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered Users

Oh and btw... the new jeep we are getting for her.. has a bit of a fruity paint job, but it grows on you quick... glad its gonna be driven by a girl and not me

Old 02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 94

Oh and btw... the new jeep we are getting for her.. has a bit of a fruity paint job, but it grows on you quick... glad its gonna be driven by a girl and not me

Now theres a ticket waiting to happen...
Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
CF Veteran

DING DING DING!!!! I think we have a winner. She said she likes it, although she thinks the roof "basket" is to much (I like it). what size tires and lift are on that, and that is what I will push for.....
Well now ... awesome. Here's one without the rack. Just as purty.

That's a hair under 5" lift with 32x11.50 tires. TJ flares, altho you don't have to go that far. How tall is she? At 5'9" I have a pretty long step up, but I never use the rail.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:31 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998

you beeing a popo is it legal to run doorless?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
CF Veteran

Popo8 I think you better start a new thread entitled: Ask the Nice Police Officer ... .
Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by _StationWagon_
Well now ... awesome. Here's one without the rack. Just as purty.

That's a hair under 5" lift with 32x11.50 tires. TJ flares, altho you don't have to go that far. How tall is she? At 5'9" I have a pretty long step up, but I never use the rail.

She is 5'4" tall

This is us