new guy in ny

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default new guy in ny

hey guys im new to the jeep world not to cars. I have been a ford guy forever im a member over on the grantorino forum been active there for a few years and an active member on the powerstroke fourm.

i recently aquired a 96 jeep cherokee 6cyl, when my brother got a new car. the dealer wasnt going to give him next to anything for a trade in so i took it. i know these thing have a lot of good parts for that you guys who do 4x4 a lot use. i wish i had the time to make this thing in a nice trail truck but right now i have too many other projects taking up all my time and shop space. and i really just cant bring myself to let it sit and rot away well i finish other projects.

so i think i have come to the realization that the best thing to do is offer it up for sale or to part it out to anyone who is interested. i cant bring myself to send it all off to scrap yard.

here are some pics of what i have right now.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990 Laredo
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Renix

nice jeep how much were you looking to get for it... maybe you could use it as a DD.... Where in NY are you
Old 11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF. How are the front floors? What condition mechanically? Does the four wheel drive work? What issues does it have? Clear title?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 PM

if i didnt have a nice f250 with a 7.3 diesel for my daily driver i probably would use this for a daily diver. i am in western ny near Rochester.

as far as the front floors im not sure if i get home early enough for it to still be light out i will take a look, but i have a feeling they may look like the rear with some rot areas. mechanically as far as i know there were not issues, 4x4 worked fine as of a couple months ago. As far as i know my brother mainly stopped driving it b.c of the rust. he didnt think it would much make it threw another ny winter. It was recently having an over heating issue, so it got a brand new radiator, water pump, and thermostat. over heating problems was solved those parts have maybe 500-700 miles on them. the other issue i know he was having was the windshield leaks. there is a spot that is rusted causing it to leak but i think that would clean up and reseal when the windshield was reinstalled.

the other thing is i may have a guy who wants the rims and tires, since the tires are also almost brand new less then 5000 miles on them. however if he doesnt end up wanting them they would stay on the jeep if someone wants to buy the entire thing.

if anyone was interested the entire thing i was looking to for something in the 1200 area, but open to any and all offers. it does have a clean ny state title. i can also try to get any other pics anyone may want.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 PM

the front floors are in rough shape to, if you want to make a trail truck you would be fine considering you could gut the interior and just lay new metal where needed. other then the floor sections the body is solid. tires sold last week so i have it up on jack stand in the shop right now. if anyone wants anything pm me since i cant post in the for sale section yet.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1988, 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 litre V8

Nice Jeep. Wish we could have traded Torino parts for the Jeep parts, LOL. Good to see you on here!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site. I've been looking at Cherokees myself up here in New England and from what I've seen the ones that were under coated are in way better shape than the ones that weren't treated. The interior on it looks pretty clean.