new guy but in eastern Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default new guy but in eastern Oregon

Well Baker city to be more exact. I have a 93 4 door xj with a 4.0 I love it I bought it three years ago for 600$ I have put new exhaust on it got rid of the cat, cut and folded the fenders, New tires 31-10.509 maxxis s and now its time for a lift... I was going to out the RE 4.5" lift off my parts Cheroke on it but I don't want to go that tal yet. So I'm going to tub the rear fender wells so I can get more up travel out back then lower my bump stops to regain some up travel. Ihave also been piecing together a lift kit as well, I plan on 88-98 Chevy full size shackles for the rear which from my understanding should give me 2" of lift out back the 2" spacers up front and adjust from there. When I'm ready for rmore lift/New tires I plan on putting on a set of the shackle relocation boxes in the rear and then New coils for the front.. I am also at some point going to get a new set of leaf packs for the rear because my factory springs are nearly flat. But from my understanding flattish leaf springs tend to flex better than springs with a heavy arch from my understanding? When I do the relocation boxes I will see how much my rear goes up and adjust the front accordingly

For now ill run modified 96 explorer shocks I can get the for 40ish dollars through the local car quest. I also need to mount my winch but am up in the air on what to do there im thinking of just getting recover bumpers front and rear and then having my winch on a cradle so that its not buried in snow 6-8 months a year.

Any input would be awesome, I have joined several other jeep sites and no one even bothered to answer any of my questions. I am have dash board electrical issues I have no power to my cd player, or cigarette lighter Plug. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum. U can check the fuse in passenger side under dashboard