New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO I6
Default New Guy

I recently purchased a XJ from a friend of mine. It will be replacing my oteher vehicle as my daily. Its a 96 4-dr 4wd with the 4.0L HO I6, auto. Has a 2" econo lift and 31s with ranger wheels. The danger ranger wheels are hopefully temporary. He had rubicon wheels/tires on it but was afraid of tearing up the aluminum wheels. Only real problems is a few holes in the floor which are my current project. No big deal though. I got it for a song, $1250 with new tires. Heres the current pic of it. I need to put the bumpers back on it and I would like to get that tire off of the roof. I think, since i'm trying to learn to weld, of getting another factory front bumper and use the shorty bumper you see in the muddy pics to lengthen the front rear bumpers to body width since they are a few inches short from the factory. I will also angle the ends upward to meet the grille since the bottoms of the fenders have been cut. I will cut holes in the bumper to recess the driving lights also for a cleaner look. Aftermarket bumpers are way too high. The catalyst has also been knocked loose and rattles some. Buddy told me there was a recall on them but they wont replace it because its welded on. Its was knocked off once while wheeling. I havent decided what i'm going to do there yet since the O2 is in front of the cat so I dont really need it but you never know when the vet will come back.

And heres some pics of it back when he had it. Its changed some since then and we cut the fenders and added the lift since then. I got to wheel it some back when it was his too but I havent wheeled it since I bought it a month ago. I need to get my other car back on the road first. More on that later.

On to the real pride and joy, my 1984 Monte Carlo SS. Has a 355 pumping out approximately 300HP/400FT-LBs, long tube hooker headers, 2.5" x-pipe into flowmaster 40s with turndowns. Rebuilt suspension with 3" drop springs up front and 275s out back. Pro-Stick, Grant wheel, and 5" Sport-Comp tach inside. I broke the stator, we believe, inside of the factory th-350 about a month ago, which lead me to buying the Jeep. I had wanted to get it off of daily duty for awhile so I guess it worked out for the better. I am going to replace the th-350 with a 200-4r overdrive this winter built to handle 500HP. I've got a virgin 400 engine awaiting to be rebuilt and stuffed bewtween the framerails.

Last edited by 84supersport; 10-04-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Couple pics werent working
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Old 10-04-2009, 08:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Welcome to the forums