New to Forum and New to owning a Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default New to Forum and New to owning a Jeep

So now im a proud owner of a 92 jeep Cherokee sport (4x4)

Let me just start off and say YES i love this thing, the dirt and snow are my friends all year round...

I used to drive a kia sephia 1.8 2001 and well it was nice for gas mileage but i blew the engine (my idiot self decided to not flush the engine and tranny after a sit through winter of not driving at all and not even starting it ever during winter)

Now though i have the jeep and i want to make sure i can have a very well reliable maintained vehicle done by me

this might get moved but
for quickies

1. CCV- both need to be replaced..oil is getting into the air box and I for one dont like oil in there
2. Injector and Fuel Rail cleaning- Has to be done just can feel im loosing idle with it (specially on start up can hear it trying to hard to get the fuel and hit right)
3. Plugs and Plug wires- starting alleviations? Most likely
4. Engine Degrease- Reccomend me something strong so i can really clean this engine and see if need to replace the valve cover gasket
5. Inside Valve Cover- What can i use other than seafoam to clean it out?suggestions?

Thats it right now

I just did a tire repair job (nail went right through at work pissed me off so made sure that we went out and picked up sharp objects on site to fix this problem)

I am needing to get a plate welded on the rear right side where the shock mounts to the mount because well its riding with out it mounted (wisconsin rust does wonders)

thats about it
Im not looking to do anything crazy for performance just getting more life span, and well required maintenance.

So, sorry for askign tech questions but thought it would be a quick fly by reply.

My name is David
own a 92 jeep cherokee sport with 186,xxx on it and its a beautiful light blue color when its not covered by mud and dirt...its prettier when cleaned ha except for the rust from wisconsin (kills me but know that it has to happen)

Some pics

Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum
Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee