Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default New to CF

Hello, everyone.

Just joined up this evening. I bought a 2000 CS this afternoon and I'm pretty excited about it. Trying to find reasons to go to the store!

Here it is if you all want to see:
http://www.ganleybedfordimports.com/...FF48S1YL254276
Old 05-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Old School CF Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Welcome. Let's see some pics. Want reasons to put money into a cherokee? Look at build threads and get some inspiration! My build link is in my signature. Im in the process of going from 3 inch to 4.5
Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF. That looks great.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 AM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Welcome
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1991

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site
Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Here are a few pictures.

I just noticed today, the front passenger turn signal is out. And all the window controls on all the doors except the driver side do not work. The check engine light is on, which means it will not pass inspection, but I am getting that looked at this week.

Any ideas on how to take care of the other issues? I looked for how to get access to change the bulb and it looks pretty buried.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L H.O I6

Welcome to the Forum, Nice Rig.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Old Skewl CF like a Sir

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L High Output OBDII

Nice! Looks clean! Welcome to CherokeeForum!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:03 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1991

Originally Posted by dtexpress
And all the window controls on all the doors except the driver side do not work. The check engine light is on, which means it will not pass inspection, but I am getting that looked at this week.

Any ideas on how to take care of the other issues?
Welcome from Wisconsin. Odds are that you are not getting power to the drivers door. Because the wire between the door and body broke, Pull the inside door panel off, pull the switch out (dangling) and check both sides of the switch, with a volt meter. Trace back wards until you find power. They have a tendency to break in that rubber sleeve between the door and body. Think about how many times that door has been opened and closed, more than the other doors.

Last edited by 91 limited owner; 05-16-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:07 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 6 Cylinders S 4.0L MFI

Welcome to CF!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by 91 limited owner
Welcome from Wisconsin. Odds are that you are not getting power to the drivers door. Because the wire between the door and body broke, Pull the inside door panel off, pull the switch out (dangling) and check both sides of the switch, with a volt meter. Trace back wards until you find power. They have a tendency to break in that rubber sleeve between the door and body. Think about how many times that door has been opened and closed, more than the other doors.
I think he's trying to say the the driver side is the only one that works...If that's the case, can you still roll down all the windows via the master switch? Sounds like the window lock switch is bad.

As for your light bulb, it's actually really easy. Phillips screw driver is all you need. There's like maybe 2 screws holding the trim around the headlight. remove those and it'll pop out. Should take only a good 5 min from start to finish.

Welcome aboard!!

Last edited by BoostedAuto; 05-16-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by BoostedAuto
I think he's trying to say the the driver side is the only one that works...If that's the case, can you still roll down all the windows via the master switch? Sounds like the window lock switch is bad.

As for your light bulb, it's actually really easy. Phillips screw driver is all you need. There's like maybe 2 screws holding the trim around the headlight. remove those and it'll pop out. Should take only a good 5 min from start to finish.

Welcome aboard!!
You are correct, sir. The master switch indeed works. It's the three other individual switches that don't.

As for the the bulb, I cracked open the owner's manual and found out how to pop off that bracket. Doh!! Upon further investigation, I think it's something electrical with the 4-ways as the right blinker works, it just doesn't come on when you throw the 4-way switch.

I have a feeling I am going to get good at electrical work pretty quickly.

Anyone in Cleveland follow these boards/this message? Anyone mind showing me a thing or two? I'd gladly trade knowledge for grunt work/muscle on your project.

Thanks, everyone!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by dtexpress
You are correct, sir. The master switch indeed works. It's the three other individual switches that don't.

As for the the bulb, I cracked open the owner's manual and found out how to pop off that bracket. Doh!! Upon further investigation, I think it's something electrical with the 4-ways as the right blinker works, it just doesn't come on when you throw the 4-way switch.

I have a feeling I am going to get good at electrical work pretty quickly.

Anyone in Cleveland follow these boards/this message? Anyone mind showing me a thing or two? I'd gladly trade knowledge for grunt work/muscle on your project.

Thanks, everyone!
That should fix your window issue...My XJ does the same thing but it's only intermittent right now. Never really cared to fix it since it's typically just me or the ol' lady in the car..hah

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/win...working-13287/

If you need anything else, just give me a holler. Can't really help you out in the real world since I'm stuck over seas for a few more months but I can try.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by BoostedAuto
That should fix your window issue...My XJ does the same thing but it's only intermittent right now. Never really cared to fix it since it's typically just me or the ol' lady in the car..hah

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/win...working-13287/

If you need anything else, just give me a holler. Can't really help you out in the real world since I'm stuck over seas for a few more months but I can try.
Awesome, MacGyver trick! I'll be sure to bust out the swiss when I try this!

Sorry you are stuck overseas, and thanks for the service!! When do you get back?