Jeep Owner Once Again After 15 Years !!! - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Jeep Cherokee Forum

Jeep Owner Once Again After 15 Years !!!

Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #1

View tdpdisciple's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Jeep Owner Once Again After 15 Years !!!

I'm super stoked. Picked up my first Cherokee last week. It's a 1995 ZJ for $500 and everything works except the rear wiper and the sunroof appears stuck. It does have an extreme amount of miles (368K) but zero rust and like-new rubber. I had forgotten how much I loved Jeeps but am back in the game. I'm a Jeep guy from way back. I stuffed a V8 chevy into a '76 CJ7 back in the 80s, and then put 200K+ on an early 90's YJ. I haven't owned a Jeep since 2002 and have never owned a Cherokee. Anyway, this looks like the forum to be on and I'm hoping to participate and eventually contribute. Right now I'm hungry for information because I come from the era of part-time 4wd and manual hubs. Oh, that's another beautiful thing about my new toy is that it has the 4.0L I6 we old guys fell in love with!!!

But seriously, I'm hungry for information concerning AWD as I've got the NP249, and also the operation of the security system. I'm very impressed with the VC and cruising at 70 mph in 4WD, but not happy I can't lock everything up in 4Lo. I want to get out in front of this because with 368K miles she won't live forever and I want to plan for the best replacement and have my build in the garage ready to go. I still have alot to learn about what I have for axles, hubs and other stuff and will appreciate any help or advice. That's prolly enough for an intro, and I'll put up some pics of my new toy as a learning exercise.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

-TDP
tdpdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
CF Veteran

View Bugout4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdpdisciple View Post
I'm super stoked. Picked up my first Cherokee last week. It's a 1995 ZJ for $500 and everything works except the rear wiper and the sunroof appears stuck. It does have an extreme amount of miles (368K) but zero rust and like-new rubber. I had forgotten how much I loved Jeeps but am back in the game. I'm a Jeep guy from way back. I stuffed a V8 chevy into a '76 CJ7 back in the 80s, and then put 200K+ on an early 90's YJ. I haven't owned a Jeep since 2002 and have never owned a Cherokee. Anyway, this looks like the forum to be on and I'm hoping to participate and eventually contribute. Right now I'm hungry for information because I come from the era of part-time 4wd and manual hubs. Oh, that's another beautiful thing about my new toy is that it has the 4.0L I6 we old guys fell in love with!!!

But seriously, I'm hungry for information concerning AWD as I've got the NP249, and also the operation of the security system. I'm very impressed with the VC and cruising at 70 mph in 4WD, but not happy I can't lock everything up in 4Lo. I want to get out in front of this because with 368K miles she won't live forever and I want to plan for the best replacement and have my build in the garage ready to go. I still have alot to learn about what I have for axles, hubs and other stuff and will appreciate any help or advice. That's prolly enough for an intro, and I'll put up some pics of my new toy as a learning exercise.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

-TDP
Welcome back to Jeeps and looking forward to it!
Bugout4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
zj security np249