howdy from duck

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default howdy from duck

So after trolling numerous cherokee forums, I keep coming back to cf being the #1 site for banning members. So before I invest hours in making posts and adding my 2cents in could someone explain why? Also if someone wants to come back how would they get the banned account reactivated on a probational peroid.

Duck
Old 04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome to CF. I'd say they got banned for rule violations. They're there for everyone to read.
>->PLEASE READ: CherokeeForum.com Rules
As far as getting an account reactivated, that should be discussed with the Moderators/Administrators.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ol"blue
Welcome to CF. I'd say they got banned for rule violations. They're there for everyone to read.
>->PLEASE READ: CherokeeForum.com Rules
As far as getting an account reactivated, that should be discussed with the Moderators/Administrators.

so just for clarification

Illegal Activity
5. Do not talk about illegal activity on this forum. This includes illegal drugs, parties, wheeling, internet use, etc. Violators of this rule will be dealt with on a case by case basis. This rule includes the discussion of removing catalytic convertors, this is illegal and not allowed to be discussed on this site.

If one would state "OFFROAD only" on a cat removal is this ok, Since its not against the law in my area or in scca racing?

Or is it all opinion based from the Mod or Admin
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: i6

do you solo ur jeep?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

We do not allow the discussion period. There may be grey areas, such as off road or auto-x racing, however its much easier to just stop the issue before it starts.

So we do not discuss this in any form.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
CF Veteran

yeah but thats not why people get banned.... they get banned for, well, mostly for being rude to members and mods, which includes swearing...
Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
CF Veteran

And being general wastes of space.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gee oh Dee
We do not allow the discussion period. There may be grey areas, such as off road or auto-x racing, however its much easier to just stop the issue before it starts.

So we do not discuss this in any form.

ok one can understand that. So talks into troubleshooting a cat / emmission errors by illegal methods are a no go too? I'm just looking for answers so where the line in the sand is. I agree emmission are good but can be a real bear to troubleshoot without questionable mods/tricks.

For question #2 from the other forums i've read no admin or mod will reply to a banned user. Can one answer this?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by crbnfibr
yeah but thats not why people get banned.... they get banned for, well, mostly for being rude to members and mods, which includes swearing...

So not start issues.The way i read your avatar and phrase above you would follow under this

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Jeep Cherokee Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Jeep Cherokee Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Jeep Cherokee Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

or paying member get elevated rights?

Last edited by duckcreek; 04-18-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

Originally Posted by duckcreek
For question #2 from the other forums i've read no admin or mod will reply to a banned user. Can one answer this?
I'm a super mod on another forum (RX8Club.com). I would reply to a banned member. However, I will not second guess my fellow mods. If there is to be a appeal to a ban, it would have to come from an admin. Then a perma-ban may be reduced to 30 days. Tempa-bans are never changed.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
CF Veteran

you sound like you have been banned and want back in are you looking for loopholes?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM
CF Veteran

and dont be a dork, not directed at you...
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
CF Veteran

ahhaha is your avatar catless? i cant see it that great... what do you solo II?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by alnielsen
I'm a super mod on another forum (RX8Club.com). I would reply to a banned member. However, I will not second guess my fellow mods. If there is to be a appeal to a ban, it would have to come from an admin. Then a perma-ban may be reduced to 30 days. Tempa-bans are never changed.

I would agree but I think the culture here dosn't do that.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by duckcreek
ok one can understand that. So talks into troubleshooting a cat / emmission errors by illegal methods are a no go too? I'm just looking for answers so where the line in the sand is. I agree emmission are good but can be a real bear to troubleshoot without questionable mods/tricks.

Pulling the cat to check it for clogging isnt illegal. Intentionally posting about straight piping any vehicle isnt permitted.

Depending on what the contact is about, and what the ban was for, we may have open lines of communication between a banned member and the Staff. However that is dealt with on a case by case basis.

Typically the ban isnt perminent, and after the set ban time has passed the account is automatically reactivated.

Quick Reply: howdy from duck