Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Greetings from Long Island, NY

Hi All,

Long time lurker, but held off on registering until I was close to getting an XJ. Thanks to another forum member, I'll be getting a '99 Classic to build out tomorrow!

My experience with Jeeps go back to an '83 CJ-7 that my high school buddy/college roommate owned. I had enough fond memories of riding in it and helping him keep it together that I eventually bought a brand new TJ Sahara in '98. Absolutely loved it but needed something more practical as I got older and traded it in for an Isuzu Rodeo. I have no idea why I didn't get an XJ at that time, but in hindsight, I should have.

Fast forward to today and I started looking at Jeeps again, not a big fan of the newer models but the Renegade Trailhawk caught my wife's eye and we wasted no time and ordered one to our specifications as soon as Jeep started taking orders. It's a long wait but we're hoping to get it before the summer is over.

Meanwhile, I decided I needed to join in the fun and get my own Jeep. So I've been searching for a '99 XJ for a while and hopefully tomorrow will be the day my next Jeep adventure begins. I plan to use it as my weekend recreational ride, it will be fitted out with a modest lift/tires, some aftermarket bumpers/roof basket/spare carrier, new sound system and other electronics, and then we'll see where we go from there. There aren't any rocks to crawl around here, but plenty of beaches and trails. Hope to meet some of you guys in my upcoming adventures! I'll start a build thread as soon as I start ordering some parts.

My other ride is a '13 Supercharged Subaru BRZ that I've been tinkering with for the past 3 years, so this XJ will be saving my *** during the winters.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have u aboard.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 td

Welcome from over the pond.