First XJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default First XJ

Well, I made a post in another section first, not seeing there was an introduction seciton. But I found it now.

I recently bought a 99 Cherokee Sport, bone stock, no 4x4 (I am regretting that now), at around 124,000 miles. I've never been one to do my own car work, except for oil changes, but I want to get into that now with this vehicle.

I got her home and the next stay she ran extremely hot in the parking lot and starting spewing water. I looked under the hood, sent a more knowledgeable friend a few pictures and he let me know my Cooling fan shroud was missing. I put in an order for that and after a few cuss words and a few bloodied knuckles I got that installed and it hasn't run hot since.

With this mileage (I know it isn't a lot), is there any milestones coming up that I should be looking into? Like a water pump, or anything along those lines?

Also, the previous owner had a minor accident, and the drivers side fender flare is zip tied on (As seen below):

Name:  IMG_0233_zps4c418e86.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  27.2 KB

I havne't had luck finding the OEM parts for the 97-01 XJ, does anyone know where to look, or how to fix this without having to buy anything else?

I appreciate the help, and look forward to being a part of the forum.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Welcome to our forum!

May want to get a coolant flush, just to be safe. And do any other regular maintenance, change fluids, etc. 124k isn't high at all!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum.