First Cherokee please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default First Cherokee please help

Hi today I bought my first Cherokee a 1989 2door for 500 pretty sweet it runs rough the when accelerateing the tach is jumpy and there is little power I drove it about 25 miles back to my house it did ok staying at speed but had a heck of a time getting there. The temp gauge and everything else was steady the whole way home. The idel is pretty rough too. The guy said it was just a vacuum leak, but honestly don't know enough to know what I'm talking about. So a any suggestions would be nice
Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Welcome to the forum....one good thing about jeeps...you will learn about alot of things during your ownership of it.

If you are un-sure what to look at, try taking to a local garage with a good reputation and have them give it a look see
Old 04-07-2017, 10:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6

welcome to the forum... since it is a Renix era Jeep check out Cruiser 54's website...

http://cruiser54.com/
Old 04-07-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems over here

Not sure if this is the right place to do this but I'm having problems with my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo was running perfectly fine went out the next day but and start just makes a clicking noise batteries perfectly fine I'm not exactly sure why It won't start but it'll take a jump and runs fine help!!!