Another new Jeep owner/victim

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Another new Jeep owner/victim

Hello all, I picked up a 1995 Country with 68,000 one owner miles this spring to replace an FJ Cruiser I sold last fall. The payments and high gas prices were to much with three other drivers and vehicles in my family, now the only concern is gas prices, no payments!
I have been working on a few of the common Jeep issues for the last three months. For the interior, I installed a headliner, new headunit and speakers, cleaned up the floorpans and welded in a couple of small patches, cleaned everything and resealed the windshield.
I added an Accel tuneup kit, Mobil 1 synthetic oil, an APN exhaust manifold, new battery, Felpro valve cover gasket and everything seems to be working well. This forum has been invaluable in getting all this done. I still have some fittings to grease and fluids to change.
This was purchased as a daily driver with 4x4 and towing capability for occasional bad weather, beach runs and kayak hauling and will remain stock aside from parts already added.
All that said, I am starting to feel I already have to much money in the Jeep and will see how things go over the next year or so...
Attached Thumbnails Another new Jeep owner/victim-imag0122.jpg   Another new Jeep owner/victim-imag0125.jpg  

Last edited by jeepesh; 08-13-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Add Photos
Old 08-13-2011, 06:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: i6 HO

Nice 96! great color too!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 i6

Originally Posted by jeepesh
Hello all, I picked up a 1995 Country with 68,000 one owner miles this spring to replace an FJ Cruiser I sold last fall. The payments and high gas prices were to much with three other drivers and vehicles in my family, now the only concern is gas prices, no payments!
I have been working on a few of the common Jeep issues for the last three months. For the interior, I installed a headliner, new headunit and speakers, cleaned up the floorpans and welded in a couple of small patches, cleaned everything and resealed the windshield.
I added an Accel tuneup kit, Mobil 1 synthetic oil, an APN exhaust manifold, new battery, Felpro valve cover gasket and everything seems to be working well. This forum has been invaluable in getting all this done. I still have some fittings to grease and fluids to change.
This was purchased as a daily driver with 4x4 and towing capability for occasional bad weather, beach runs and kayak hauling and will remain stock aside from parts already added.
All that said, I am starting to feel I already have to much money in the Jeep and will see how things go over the next year or so...

Thats a nice looking stock Jeep with low miles, you came up.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

Seriously that is a nice looking rig. Grats on it and thank you for getting rid of your fj cruiser
Old 08-14-2011, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all for the comments on the stock Jeep. I won't lie, I did like the FJ and it was a competent little SUV. The driving feel of the Cherokee seems similar. The good thing was getting rid of the reverse rear doors, always hated those.
Now if the Jeep will just live up to its reputation and give me a couple hundred thousand more miles, I should be set.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Great lookin' Jeep.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

Originally Posted by jeepesh
Thanks to all for the comments on the stock Jeep. I won't lie, I did like the FJ and it was a competent little SUV. The driving feel of the Cherokee seems similar. The good thing was getting rid of the reverse rear doors, always hated those.
Now if the Jeep will just live up to its reputation and give me a couple hundred thousand more miles, I should be set.
It should, check the thread here "mileage club" it's a rough idea how long an xj will last and the general repairs it'll need. You treat these "mini diesels" (a name some
Old timers round me call em) with respect and they will last a while.