Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: Chopped 1996 Cherokee or XJ-T

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Chopped 1996 Cherokee or XJ-T

For sale is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) with around 126000 on the body. It started life as someone's failed attempt at a chop, that was in dire need of finishing. I even had to buy a second complete jeep to finish the chop the correct way. It has a newish motor, clutch, 5 speed transmission (around 4500 miles on all of them, had my mechanic verify that they were indeed newish). 3" lift, newish 33x12.50s and a nice satin tan paint job. This is no rattle can job, we even painted the jambs and painted the inside of the doors, so the paint job would be flawless if you put the interior back in it. I have put insane quantities of time and effort and money into finishing this chop. You have to view the build albums linked below to really appreciate the work that has been put into this.

I could go on for days on what we had to do to fix the chop, but I will just give you a list of the major modifications and add-ons.

Custom Rear Chop
Bed-lined Roof
Trimmed Fenders
CJ7 Headlights (super bright)
Custom Soft Top
Custom Tail Gate
Custom Led Tail Lights and Turns
Custom Battery Box
Optima Red Top
Custom Front Bumper
ORF Rear Bumper
New 8000lb Winch (never even been wired)
New D-Window Wheels (have a 5th wheel for spare)
Custom Roof Rack
Custom Limb Risers
High Lift Jack

The list literally goes on and on. I would be more than willing to give a complete run down to prospective buyers.

It comes with a non-running 88-92 XJ (not sure what year, didn't really care) with a 3" lift and TJ wheels as a parts jeep. Has a 4.0L automatic, nice dash with half of the interior panels, and another set of seats.

I also have lots of brand new parts like window cranks, door seals, cup holders, etc. that are not installed yet.

Please feel free to take a look at the build albums, so you can appreciate the effort put into saving this jeep.

http://imgur.com/a/CRWu0#0
http://imgur.com/a/9wtOz#0
http://imgur.com/a/RjAdx#0

I also have a partial build thread on JeepForum.com, that I stopped due to lack of interest:

XJ-T Build Thread

This thing has a new inspection and starts, runs and drives nicely. Asking $7500 as it is, plus the parts XJ. I might be willing to trade for something else cool/nice, plus cash on your end.

Feel free to contact me at 804-580-1708 or at kleinjesse@hotmail.com or on this forum. I would love to tell you all about this and the parts XJ. The pictures below were taken May 3rd, 2014.
Attached Images      
Old 05-31-2014, 10:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0

Chopped with no cage? Gears or lockers?

Last edited by RoyalXJ; 05-31-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by RoyalXJ
Chopped with no cage? Gears or lockers?
Looks like it never leaves the pavement, I'm sure there was no intention of adding any other structure to it.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep no cage. Not that I didn't try to get it caged though. I do not have any offroad/race fabrication shops near me. I had a guy who said he was going to do it, he has never once shown up to give me a price. As far as wheeling it though, correct I have put 100 miles on it since November, it has never left the pavement. I live on the coast, it is flat. I have never taken it offroad, nor would I do any serious offroading until the rear was stiffened up some more.

It is on factory gears, no lockers. I fixed/finished the chop, made the body look nice, now it is ready for someone else to make it what they will. I have too many other paying projects to continue this one for now.