Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidWest]: 2000 Cherokee Freedom, Showroom ready!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default **SOLD**2000 Cherokee Freedom, Showroom ready!

Up for sale is an extremely rare and fantastic condition Jeep XJ with 127,000 miles on it and a brand new Jasper engine with approximately 4000 miles on it. It’s a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Freedom edition and only 2,821 of these were ever made. You can read more about them on this website:
http://colorado4wheel.com/content/je...e_freedom.html

I purchased the vehicle in early 2013 from a fellow pilot who owned it for most of the first 85,000 miles and kept in a high desert mountain airplane hangar in Washington State. He maintained it meticulously and kept it entirely stock.

When I purchased it, I had a Rubicon Express 3.5” Super Flex Lift kit installed by 4Wheel Parts along with new Mickey Thompson Wheels and Toyo Open Country MT 245/75R16 tires. In addition they added the following:

New front coil springs, New Rear leaf spring packs, New RE Monotube shocks, New RE Track Bar, RE Steering Stabilizer, NP231 Slip yoke eliminator, New RE rear drive shaft, RE front quick disconnects. Many more parts included with the lift kit from Rubicon Express. This lift is the perfect combination of EXTREMELY capable off road, while maintaining a great highway drivability.

I used it as a daily driver until recently moving to Northern Kentucky. It was towed on a flatbed across the country when we moved. It’s only been off road about a half dozen times and mainly just forest service roads. NEVER run hard and absolutely NO sheet metal damage or any other type of damage.

In early 2018 I started having oil pressure problems and initially replaced the oil pump and some sensors. Jeep ran fine for a few more months and then again started losing oil pressure. My mechanic discovered a crack between the #3 and #4 cylinders in the block and I decided to replace the entire engine with a new O.E.M. type Jasper Engine with a transferable nationwide 3year/36,000 mile warranty.

Another addition to the performance of the vehicle was the addition of a thermostat controlled switch for the electric fan to keep the engine compartment from heat-soaking and making the engine run rough on hot days.

The exterior is in excellent condition with a few tiny rock pings smaller than a dime and barely noticeable. There’s one penny-sized dent on the front drivers side upper quarter panel that was there when I bought the Jeep. The paint is in fantastic shape and there’s not a hint of rust anywhere on the frame or sheet metal or brake lines. This car lived in a dry, mild climate for almost it’s entire life.

The interior is immaculate and the seats are all leather. The sunroof was a factory option that was one of the many unique features of the Freedom edition.

Always performed meticulous maintenance and have every record of every service performed. I can’t think of anything else to say about this Jeep other than I hate to sell it. My wife and I both bought Jeep Cherokees with the intent of keeping them as collectors items until we died. Since having to move to the Cincinnati area for work, my commute has become 50-100 miles a day. Our finances and lifestyle dictate that both our Cherokees have to go.

You’ll never find one cleaner than this. Asking $12,0

00, pictures below. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Cheers623; 08-14-2018 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Sold Jeep