Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I do with front wheel well liners and electronigs behind bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6
Default What do I do with front wheel well liners and electronigs behind bumper?

I fabricated a bumper and it sits well away from the vehicle to give it room to collapse before hitting the body in the event of impact. The electronics behind it are exposed to the elements and the wheel wells get hit by wind and are not well attached to anything in the front. What should I do with both??? Any advice would be appreciated... here are some pictures to show you what Im dealing with...
Attached Thumbnails What do I do with front wheel well liners and electronigs behind bumper?-jeep-elt-2.jpg   What do I do with front wheel well liners and electronigs behind bumper?-jeep-elt.jpg   What do I do with front wheel well liners and electronigs behind bumper?-jeep-elt3.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 01:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The black ball thing is a vacuum canister most move it under the hood somewhere.The other side the thing that looks like a snail shell is your horn you can move if you want.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Most people also just remove the wheel well lining. If you prefer to leave the lining, just do some trimming off the front so that big section isn't hanging for wind to catch it.