Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trucklite high beam issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Trucklite high beam issue

I just installed trucklites and love them, but the high beams stay on. I have cleaned grounds and connectors, and have reinstalled my factory fog lamps to try to make them behave normally. When the vehicle is off they work as they should but when running, the high beams light up. The dash shows the high beams indicator dimly at all times. I tried replacing just one of the headlights with the stock one and the other trucklite began working as it should. Does anyone know what the problem is? I really hate blinding my community
Old 06-17-2017, 06:30 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by jeepct
I just installed trucklites and love them, but the high beams stay on. I have cleaned grounds and connectors, and have reinstalled my factory fog lamps to try to make them behave normally. When the vehicle is off they work as they should but when running, the high beams light up. The dash shows the high beams indicator dimly at all times. I tried replacing just one of the headlights with the stock one and the other trucklite began working as it should. Does anyone know what the problem is? I really hate blinding my community
Eliminate the factory fogs. Pull the relay and see what happens.