Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trackbar. dble shear or standard adjustable

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 PM
OEJ
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default trackbar. dble shear or standard adjustable

hear is my set-up. i've got an IRO kit. it will be 4.25" front, and 4.5" rear.

my rig is mainly a DD and will hardly ever be off road, but it will from time to time. prolly just some trailing nothing hardcore.

I'm not sure if im gonna need the iro dble shear trackbar or RC adjustable trackbar. Also should i get a drop pitman arm at this height?

I want to do it right the first time and not have to go back. which is why i went with full packs. i don't mind waiting alittle longer for the install if it means i covered everything. allthough its killing me.lol.

Thanks gents for the help.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994

If you are not gonna go offroad get the cheap RC track bar. I have it and only had a problem with the tie rod end when I flexed it all the way out.

Other than that its a solid track bar
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989

Originally Posted by OEJ
hear is my set-up. i've got an IRO kit. it will be 4.25" front, and 4.5" rear.

my rig is mainly a DD and will hardly ever be off road, but it will from time to time. prolly just some trailing nothing hardcore.

I'm not sure if im gonna need the iro dble shear trackbar or RC adjustable trackbar. Also should i get a drop pitman arm at this height?

I want to do it right the first time and not have to go back. which is why i went with full packs. i don't mind waiting alittle longer for the install if it means i covered everything. allthough its killing me.lol.

Thanks gents for the help.
If it is going to see any offroad I would go with the double shear. RC has an adjustable double shear bar but I think the IRO is way beefier.

As far as a drop pitman arm you will only need one if your mounting points change on the trackbar. So with the RC double shear thats a yes. I am not sure if the IRO bracket drops it down also, if it does you would need one for that kit also.