Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System System Weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Exclamation Cooling System Weirdness

So recently I have had many issues with my cooling system. A few months prior to these problems, a new water pump and s. belt were put in. I overheated a couple months ago simply from running out of coolant. Another long trip after this I replaced my thermostat because it was stuck open. But that was after finding out the hard way on a long trip home which had to be cut short because of drastic overheating.
A lot of heat stress has been put on the car for another potential problem to potentilly spring up. Now, I have a small coolant leak somewere and it is very difficult to trace the source because it can't be seen with the hood up. It seemes to be somewhere near the belt pulley system, but i'm not super experienced mechanically and have not dealt much with raditors until owning this jeep. It is not a super significant leak and it only leaks after the car has been run. When I shut it off, I can hear a strange sound of liquid draining somewhere that seems odd and possibly out of place. Just today after driving through town, the coolant in my reserve fill tank was bubbling over, but not uncontrolably and not from being too hot. I have no idea what thats about, what of these weird things are bad and good, and I'm very confused so any advice would be excellent and helpful!!

Last edited by Shark_Tank16; 10-10-2011 at 06:05 PM.