Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on HID setup for 99 cherokee.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Suggestions on HID setup for 99 cherokee.

So I think I have decided to go and get some HID lights and people say DDM Tuning has a good kit for $45 Have any of you gotten HIDs from there. Also, I was thinking about getting a projection housing will it make the lights shine brighter or should I just stick with stock?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

DDM tuning is a great place to buy hid kits. I have bought two from them and recommend them all the time. No problems yet with my kits. I don't have one for my XJ yet but will soon hopefully. Don't use them in ur stock headlights....or cheap eBay junk headlights. In fact the stock ones are sealed and won't work. You should deff find a set of projector headlights with the interchangeable h4 bulbs. That way you just buy the hid kit with h4 bulbs and throw them in. I plan on making my own projectors. I have one 4 runner headlight I found at work....Toyota shop. It's projector is very big. Looking for another. But the odds of finding one are slim. But when one turns up or a pair of other projectors of some sort turn up I'm making my own. Hopefully they will turn out nice.

Edit: forgot to mention never use hids without projectors. You will probably blind people while driving. Get pulled over all the time because they are so bright. And look like a ricer kid.projector will give you a nice cut off that won't blind anyone. They will look cool too.

Sent from my DROID INCREDIBLE using Cherokee Forum

Last edited by kyledye25; 07-04-2011 at 08:17 AM.