Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shims

Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default shims

Where do you get em? Autozone has 2 1/2 x 4 degree shims and 6 degree but nothing else and it costs $24 for two. I've been hearing they only costs about $10 so where do you get those?

I just installed 2" RC rear springs and got vibes.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 2" in the rear of mine and got some vibes. Instead of shims, I used a t-case drop. Vibes are gone and I am happy. If you do a t-case drop - SOAK YOUR BOLTS IN PB BLASTER! I broke one of them and spent the next day drilling and tapping it out.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...?idproduct=126

there you can get 4,6,8* shims.

-Kyle
Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...?idproduct=126

there you can get 4,6,8* shims.

-Kyle
Thanks kyle. It seems that when i can't find anything, jeepinoutfitters has it. I saved their website right in the mdidle of my desktop so next time that's the first place i will look. I could prob build a jeep from scratch using only what jeepinoutfitters sells.

Thanks for the tip ecksjay. I haven't broken a single bolt on the jeep yet, which is a total shocker. My tj averaged 2.8 bbpws (broken-bolts-per-wrenching-session) so i was expecting some curse words from the xj but nothing so far. Now that i said this, i will probably break all four

THanks
Old 11-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by muddeprived
My tj averaged 2.8 bbpws (broken-bolts-per-wrenching-session)

THanks
that is the funniest thing i have read on a forum in a while. well-done!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by muddeprived
Thanks kyle. It seems that when i can't find anything, jeepinoutfitters has it. I saved their website right in the mdidle of my desktop so next time that's the first place i will look. I could prob build a jeep from scratch using only what jeepinoutfitters sells.

Thanks for the tip ecksjay. I haven't broken a single bolt on the jeep yet, which is a total shocker. My tj averaged 2.8 bbpws (broken-bolts-per-wrenching-session) so i was expecting some curse words from the xj but nothing so far. Now that i said this, i will probably break all four

THanks
JO is where i buy ALL of my jeep products, after my first experience with jason (the owner) i will never go to anybody else. Even if JO doesn't have a specific product listed often enough if you talk to jason he can get it for you.

Just FYI we are lucky enough to have Jason as a member on our site his username is "Jason Jeepin". He is an extremely knowledgeable jeeper and we are very lucky to have him as a part of CF.

-Kyle
Old 11-17-2007, 12:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ecksjay
I put 2" in the rear of mine and got some vibes. Instead of shims, I used a t-case drop. Vibes are gone and I am happy. If you do a t-case drop - SOAK YOUR BOLTS IN PB BLASTER! I broke one of them and spent the next day drilling and tapping it out.
if it was a tradeoff, i would choose ground clearance over loss of ground clearance, but it is not.

if running a conventional driveshaft your pinion yoke must be parrallell to your t-case yoke within 1 degree for no vibrations.

if running a cv driveshaft you want the t-case yoke perfectly flat and the rear axle shimmed up towards the t-case.